Underdog to wonderdog

BlueChaos

:(I usually tape this show along with dogtown, Dog whisperer and its me or the dog. Just watched the show from last night and I'm really sad and angry :(
I swear when they brought that sheltie to a horse farm, I just knew it would not end well. Its one thing to train a dog to respect large animals in a certain environment, but you cannot eliminate their high prey drive.
Even as I was still watching it midway, when the 2 guys came to the farm and I saw cars zooming in the distance, my stomach sank and I've had a very ominous feeling the whole time watching it, I just knew this was not a suitable place for such a high energy dog. He would have been much better off with someone who does agility or disc sports, even to someone who could have trained him to be a herding dog. This was an entirely innapropriate home from him, I'm saddened that the trainer did not see the obvious.

RIP Little Chase

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I watched that last night and was incredibly upset. I felt that the dog was actually a great match because he was finally in a working home with someone who really wanted to spend his days with the dog around.

RIP Chase

BlueChaos

Well for a dog with such high energy level requirments, following the owner around the farm does not equate to working, I think the team failed to see that he was an ill fitted match for this family, they need a mellow, laid back dog that sticks by the owner and hangs around the horses watching them.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
It sounded like that's what the dog was doing. And you could see videos in the end of them playing with him in the barn.

But I don't think a discussion on a dog forum will fix it, or bring the dog back, but eh.. that's just me.

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
It was amazing how they changed him from this ball of energy that literally flew around a room without control.... to a dog who could just sit untill called even in when he was riding his horse around. *good training*

I didnt think it would work out then it was like a new dog came on set ...totally amazing.

Then it ended I was in awe...then he came on and went on that not all stories work out..and im thinking..ooo he attacked a horse ..or went back to hyper dog...then he said Chase was hit by a car and I was just BAWLING! that was just so sad..then they played clips of him it was just so sad.

ACooper

But I don't think a discussion on a dog forum will fix it, or bring the dog back, but eh.. that's just me.
:confused: Ok

I never have watched this show......I've seen it listed when I flipped through, but never been in front of the tube when it's actually been on. I might do a search and REMEMBER to watch, sounds like it might be interesting.

RIP Chase :(

Members online

No members online now.