Recent sketches and art - dump!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Here's some of the new sketch sale results, as well as a new portrait!

Kai and Brawt, for MisssAshby!

Rascal, for JessLough!

Darien and Sport, for Dekka!

And finally, Rosey for JessLough. This one was a sketch too, but I made it all fancy for her since she's always helping me out with Finnsitting and such. <3

BTW, the sketch sale is still going on, I could really use the fundraising help! Check out the details by clicking here! And as always, if you're interested in a detailed portrait like Rosey's, click the banner in my sig or email/PM me. :D

Thanks as always for your tremendous support! You guys rock.

were Kai and Brawt actually sitting together like that? or can you take two individual pics and make the dogs look like they are together?

Also how good of a quality pic do you need to be able to make a sketch?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
were Kai and Brawt actually sitting together like that? or can you take two individual pics and make the dogs look like they are together?

Also how good of a quality pic do you need to be able to make a sketch?
Nope... she requested the two dogs together in the portrait, Brawt looking a little silly and Kai tilting her head a bit. She sent me a few reference photos of each, and I made it that way! :)

Personally I get a bit tired of pet portrait artists who only copy photos. I find it usually makes a portrait lifeless and dull. I work from specific photos when requested, and even then I tend to add a touch of flair. :) The important part is bringing out the animal's personality!

Also, having some blurry/bad photos is no big deal. I like having at least one better-quality photo of the pet, if possible, to make sure I get markings and such correct. :)

Romy

Taxiderpy
Personally I get a bit tired of pet portrait artists who only copy photos. I find it usually makes a portrait lifeless and dull. I work from specific photos when requested, and even then I tend to add a touch of flair. :) The important part is bringing out the animal's personality!

Also, having some blurry/bad photos is no big deal. I like having at least one better-quality photo of the pet, if possible, to make sure I get markings and such correct. :)
I <3 you for this! These turned out so fabulous! Wish I wasn't broke. Some day! *pumps fist at the sky*

Members online

No members online now.