New Purina Busy Bone

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Bagel and Busters rating: 4 paws up!

They loved it! The loved the smell, the taste and the feel of the bone. Its a softer bone, so its not going to take long for them to demolish, but they absoutally loved it. Even though I know most of your feeling about Purina, I say you should try this, at least once, and see how much your dog loves it! Just wanted to let you know the boys loved em.

Tiffer

Is that what it's called? (The busy bone?)
Because someone bought Angel these Purina Dental Bones and I LOVE the smell...after Angel is done chewing on one her breath smells soooo nice.

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Yeah, these are called Purina Busy Bones. But hmmmm... I need to get my dogs some of those Dental Bones. Lol!

nedim

I got Peanut dentasticks(dont know if that is the exact name, cany remember). They're supposed to help clean her teeth, but she just buried them.lol

Mordy

Quigleyfied
why waste all that money on useless products like that if you can get real, healthy bones for pennies a pound?

i'd like to remind people again to check out the ingredients on this kind of product. here's the ingredient list for the purina "busy bones":

rice - cheap base material, often feed grade (mold contaminated)
wheat flour - feed grade, basically amounts to "floor sweepings"
glycerin - humectant, sweetener
tricalcium phosphate - chemically refined calcium/phosphorus supplement
poultry by-product meal - unknown parts of unknown birds
gelatin
hydrogenated starch hydrolysate - chemically altered starch product
sugar - sweetener
brewers dried yeast
dried beef stock
beef tallow
wheat gluten - the "sticky" protein part of the wheat grain, a common allergen
added color (Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1, Yellow 6 and other color) - artificial*
hydrogenated cottonseed oil - chemically altered fatty acids, very unhealthy
salt - flavoring agent
animal digest - unknown parts of unknown animals, highly processed, could be everything including roadkill
phosphoric acid - flavoring agent, used e.g. in coca cola. out of place in a product for pets.
sorbic acid - a preservative
vitamin supplements (E, A, B-12, D-3),
zinc sulfate,
ferrous sulfate,
manganese sulfate,
natural and artificial flavors
niacin,
riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B-2),
calcium pantothenate,
biotin,
copper sulfate,
thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B-1),
folic acid,
menadione sodium bisulfite complex - artificial vitamin K, linked to many health problems and allergic reactions
pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6),
calcium iodate,
sodium selenite

* see definitions and risks here

why would someone want to pay good money for such a poor quality product? it's really sad.

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Get over that I dont care. My dogs love them, and it doesnt hurt them or kill them, they like them and have fun eating them. I posted this to say my dogs like them, and it had no ill effects.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
get over it that i will share my opinion on all this overprocessed garbage, so that the people who do care are aware of the way the pet food industry misleads consumers. :)

your dog may be fine now, and you may not care, but 3, 5 or 10 years down the road things can look quite different.

when i was your age, i didn't care about junk ingredients in my food either and stuffed my face with all kinds of popular snack foods and washed them down with drinks that are essentially nothing but water with some artificial flavors and colorings. eventually i learned more about nutrition and that i'm not doing my body a favor. maybe you'll arrive at the same conclusion some time in the future. :)

BagelDog said:
Get over that I dont care. My dogs love them, and it doesnt hurt them or kill them, they like them and have fun eating them. I posted this to say my dogs like them, and it had no ill effects.
No, you posted it to get an argument. Get over acting obnoxious. There's no reason for you to act like this now; you didn't in the past.

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Excuse me? I posted that cause my dogs loved the busy bones, and I figured someone else might like to hear that and try them. I have a 13 + year old dachshund. Eaten IAMS and 'crap' since she was around 2. No ill effects. Isn't 13+ later in life? Real bones upset my dogs stomachs, make them vomit, and give them diarrhea. Rawhides and busy bones didnt, so Purina oviously did somthing right. Anyhow, I posted this so maybe some of the people here might want to try them. Oh, and Bagel and Buster send kisses for the sweet replys, and continue loving the busy bones. :D

BagelDog

Not crazy...
No thanks, ill pass. Haha, your disapointed with my attitude? Rather momish. Wait sorry, that said we. We? Huh? Yeah, well, I realized IAMS is a good food since my dogs havent keeled over or gotten horribly ill, but don't go posting the ingedients and trying to convince me otherwise, cause everything you'll say ill have heard at least 2 other times, and its not gonna change what my dogs eat. Anyways, try Busy Bones. My dogs loved them.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Obviously you are stubborn and refuse to listen so there is no point in trying to make you see the truth.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
BagelDog said:
I have a 13 + year old dachshund. Eaten IAMS and 'crap' since she was around 2. No ill effects.
well, iams was actually a decent food until procter & gamble bought the iams company in september 1999 and shortly after changed the formulations to include poor quality ingredients and everything went downhill. when i got my wirehaired dachshund in 1991, she ate iams puppy food too, and there was no garbage in the ingredient list. so as much as it is wishful thinking, quality is not consistent and your dog has not been eating the same food for 11 years.

the same goes for purina, which used to make decent foods until nestle (a human food giant) bought up the pet food branch and started doing research into how to best include byproducts and leftovers from the human food processing industry in pet foods - drastically increasing their profit margin.

if you look into the history of all the mainstream pet food companies, almost all of them suffered the same fate of being decent brands until some industry giant bought them up. this stretches from grocery store brands like pedigree (owned by mars now) to "specialty" foods like nature's recipe (first bought up by heinz, now del monte foods).

bubbatd

Bageldog .....you're showing your age, Cool it !!! You made a statement...some disagree . Let it be ! Continue what you will do anyway and let those who disagree continue what they want. Yes, I like Purina products, but would never buy bones etc. from them. I like the raw, natural bones.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I use the busy bones every so often for Mack. He LOVES them but I only give them as a special treat because he eats a whole bone in a day. I don't see any problem with giving them as a treat every so often. I don't feed him purina products on a regular basis though. Mack prefers the Pedigree Jumbone though, so that's what I usually get him. Sometimes we get the coupons for the Jumbones and we'll get him one (there's usually on sale at petsmart buy one get one free). I think he feels like the Busy Bones are a "generic" equivalent to the Pedigree Jumbone (even though there's only like a .15 cent difference).

Debi

I swear to you that since I've been feeding raw chicken, after chewing up the bones all the tartar buildup is gone. Both of my dogs' teeth are very white again. AND, it's healthy and inexpensive. I just noticed Ham's teeth yesterday....gorgeous all the way back, top and bottom. they get a nice chewing experience, a huge tasty treat, and a bit of nutrition. just my opinion here, but I also wouldn't waste money on the manufactured 'bones' or treats. :)

Members online

No members online now.