Problems with Eagle Pack?

I have had my Rhodesians on Eagle Pack Holistic Fish for a month now. I had switched from Innova Large Breed to rotate with another brand. They are shedding like mad. I am going to have to take them off it. Anybody else had problems? I have a bag of Natures Variety Salmon coming today. Has anybody had their dogs on NV? It is the food my vet recommends. Any comments helpful.

showpug

I have had my Rhodesians on Eagle Pack Holistic Fish for a month now. I had switched from Innova Large Breed to rotate with another brand. They are shedding like mad. I am going to have to take them off it. Anybody else had problems? I have a bag of Natures Variety Salmon coming today. Has anybody had their dogs on NV? It is the food my vet recommends. Any comments helpful.
It's possible that the Eagle Pack fish formula is too low in fat and protein for your dogs. When dogs don't get enough of either, their coat can suffer and they can shed a lot. I have fed Eagle Pack Holistic Select Chicken in the past with great results, but it has more fat and protein than the fish formula. The Nature's Variety may work better for your bunch as I believe it's 26% protein instead of 22% like the EP fish...

I think your right on that. The Innova had a higher protein content as well. Any thoughts on EVO? Was thinking about trying it but something about it makes me nervous.

showpug

I think your right on that. The Innova had a higher protein content as well. Any thoughts on EVO? Was thinking about trying it but something about it makes me nervous.
I was nervous too when I first tried EVO, but the nerves went away quickly when I saw how awesome my dogs did on it. I have never had better results with any other food, honestly. Their coats were out of this world on it and their poop was tiny and very firm. The key to EVO is that you literally have to feed about half of what you normally would. I never followed the bag instructions because they would have gotten way too much. I fed EVO to 4 different dogs, none of which were related and they all did fabulous on it. The only reason I stopped feeding it was because they were getting too heavy on it despite me feeding such a small amount. I am tempted to put them back on it though because the results were so awesome!

Can you mix it with regular Innova? Maybe a 50% and 50%? I was thinking of doing that too. My Lab tends to get heavy really easy. He seems to be doing ok on the Eagle Pack. Only noticed the shedding and flakey skin with the Ridges. Was much happier with the Innova. Might have to give the EVO a try.

showpug

Can you mix it with regular Innova? Maybe a 50% and 50%? I was thinking of doing that too. My Lab tends to get heavy really easy. He seems to be doing ok on the Eagle Pack. Only noticed the shedding and flakey skin with the Ridges. Was much happier with the Innova. Might have to give the EVO a try.
I am sure it would be fine to mix in. You can always email Natura and ask. They are really great with customer service and have always gotten back to me with all of my questions.

Members online

No members online now.