Frodo transport - PA/MD/DC/VA/NC

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Okay,so I'm trying to get my bearings with what we have potentially covered (I'm using other forum sites as well to see who would be willing to help), but I'm going to say right off the bat that I'm bad at directions...

Okay...

Leg #1 - My house to Harrisburg (either my mom or friends)

Leg #2 - Harrisburg,PA to Baltimore, MD (Elegy?)

Leg #3/#4 - Baltimore, MD to Alexandria, VA/ Alexandria, VA to Fredericksburg, VA (CaliTerp for one?)

Leg #5 - Fredericksburg, VA to Richmond, VA (3girls?)

Leg #6 - ?? to ??

Not sure how many other legs we would need to get to where CP could pick him up

This is just a really rough draft based on what people posted, I haven't done mileage on them or anything, just trying to start getting a little organized

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Good luck with the transport! I'm not far from Corgipower so I'm not much help!

Though it's kind of funny, I looked at the map that was posted... I'm trying to work out getting a smooth Collie transported from the same general around of NC (just south of Greensboro) to the same general area of PA, just a bit north of Harrisburg!! LOL
Well I could bring him with me when I go get Frodo...;)

CaliTerp07

Leg #1 - Bloomsburg, PA to Harrisburg PA - filled
80.6 mi – about 1 hour 39 mins

Leg #2 - Harrisburg,PA to Baltimore, MD (Elegy?)
79.5 mi – about 1 hour 18 mins

Leg #3 - Baltimore, MD to Alexandria, VA
45.9 mi – about 50 mins
up to 1 hour 50 mins in traffic

Leg #4 - Alexandria, VA to Fredericksburg, VA
48.1 mi – about 54 mins
up to 1 hour 10 mins in traffic

Leg #5 - Fredericksburg, VA to Richmond, VA (3girls?)
60.9 mi – about 1 hour 4 mins

Leg #6 - Richmond, VA to Greensboro, NC - CP
203 mi – about 3 hours 13 mins

I'll take 3 or 4--whichever one we can't find someone else for. Is there a time frame for this? Is your mom going to start this shindig early in the morning so that we can do it in a day? Or later in the afternoon, requiring an overnight somewhere?

I suppose this means I need to take my car in for an oil change kind of soon. Oops.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Cali, my mom has off the weekend, so she should be able to start it out early so it can get done all in a day.

Also, ff anybody would be able to pick up a leg from Richmond, VA and take him further south so CP doesn't have to drive so far that would be great.

Again, thank you all!

3girls

I'm actually in Dale City. So rather then me picking up in Fredericksburg, can I pick up in Dale City? Makes leg #3 shorter for someone else.

I'm available Sunday for certain for this. Not sure yet about Saturday.

Brattina88

Would help if I could!

{{{+++vibes++}}}} coming all of your guy's way for everything to fall into place nicely, and safe traveling!

Nechochwen

profundus tergum
Lauren, I'm in CO right now with Necho and Zoom, and I get back in 2 weeks. If the transport isn't done by then I'll do more than a leg - I can probably do somewhere in PA to NC as long as I can stay with someone there overnight.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Stef (I'm educatedly guessing?), we are trying for this weekend, but if it gets moved back you'll know. Thanks! :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Okay guys, right now we are figuring at beginning the transport at 9am, which would put the first hand off to Elegy at about 10:45-11am. If everyone could just let me know if the progression of that general time frame will work for everyone so we can alter it if it doesn't. Thanks :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
CaliTerp, would you still be willing to overnight him on Saturday night?

If so we could even start the transport later on Saturday if that would work better for people.

If things stay as is I think we actually have every leg filled. Once again, you guys are absolutely amazing people! *hugsyouall*

Members online

No members online now.