Apollo-A very Jealous Dog

rem55555

Apollo was a very jealous dog. In our household, she was always the center of attention. She had no problems with dog when they were outside, but when they were in our house, Apollo felt threatened. It first started with a stuffed toy alligator whom we called Wally Gator. I would pick up Wally Gator and talk to it like I would talk to Apollo. I would praise it, pet it and hug it. Apollo would start barking. I know she barked because she was jealous. I would put Wally Gator on the floor and Apollo would attack it letting it know she was the main dog in this household.
Once my sister Mary brought her dog over to the house. Mary's dog was a sweet dog. Probably more swetter than Apollo. Anyway, Apollo had this confused look on her face which seems to say: "What are you doing here"? When Mary's dog started eating Apollo's food, Apollo had a look that seemed to say: "What do you think you are doing? That is my dog food you are eating". Finally, Apollo thought everybody's was paying attention to Mary's dog and none to her. Apollo began to walk dejectively and her body language was telling me that she was depressed. I could not stand to see Apollo this way so I had to cheer her up. I asked Apollo if she wanted to go outside. Apollo got so excited that her body language seem to say: "Ha ha! I am going outside and you are not". That cheered her up. When we got back home, Mary and her dog were gone and once more, Apollo was the center of attention.
Another time Mary brought her dog over to the house. This time Apollo was not walking around depressed. She was downright angry. Apollo's body language seem to say: "One false move and you had hit. Mary's dog went into my grandmother's bedroom where Apollo had her cornered. Apollo was watching her from underneath the bed. Every time Mary's dog tried to leave the room, Apollo would cut her off sending my sister's dog back to the corner of the room. I finally had to get Apollo out of there so Mary's dog could come out of the bedroom. Once separated, everything seemed to be going well. Apollo just ignored my sister's dog. Mary's dog was one of the friendliest dogs I ever met. All she wanted was attention and to be petted. This was evident when she jumped onto my bed and lay down next to me. I did not mind it, but Apollo seethed with anger. She jumped onto my bed, poised to strike. I had to hold onto Apollo while Mary took her dog out of there. While she was doing this, Apollo tried to go after her, but I was holding her tight. I was afraid what Apollo might do to my sister's dog. I never saw her like that before. I really felt sorry for Mary's dog. She just wanted some attention. But unfortunately for her, Apollo was not willing to share me with anybody.

Apollo 1973-1991

A dog owner is having to chain up his pet to stop him hopping on to the bus and going to the pub. Gary Kay's terrier Ratty regularly got on the bus on his own to go to the Black Bull pub, in Hull Road, York, England. Ratty made the trip to the pub, where he was fed sausages by a barmaid, twice a week, reports the York Post. His outings came to an end when the pub went upmarket and banned animals from the premises. But now Gary, from Dunnington, York, says Ratty has found a new local - the Rose And Crown Pub, in Lawrence Street. He believes Ratty has been getting off the bus at the Black Bull on his own, crossing the road and turning up at the Rose and Crown.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Apollo apollo that's no way to be but i understand i do. Tis a shame
Apollo couldn't make friends and have a rompabout with Mary's dog.

Most dogs try and get the most attention they can get from you, you just have to be able to set limits when they are young (training :D). This sounds like a sad story if what I understand you are remembering your dog that passed away in 1991.

Members online

No members online now.