Bad Experience

Well about a month ago we were taking the dogs for a walk. Rocky slipped out of her harness and got loose. I have NEVER EVER been more scared in all my life. I was chasing her like crazy running all over trying to get her. It took a good 10 minutes and I finally caught her. I fell and got a huge gash on my leg and was bleeding.

This car almost hit her as well but he stopped. He actually waited until I caught her which was nice. He didn’t want to hit her.

I carried my baby home. The next day we went to pet smart to get another harness. This one fits absolutely perfect and there is no way she can get loose out of this one.

When I got home I collapsed. I was so tired from running. This was the worse experience in my life. I could not even imagine what it would be like if I lost her. Nothing worse could happen to me. That dog is my life.

That night all I could do was hold her. It just makes you realize how much you love them.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so glad this story had a happy ending. I know it took me a bit to find a harness my one dog couldn't get out of.

Dekka

Just try me..
That is a scary story.. Glad she is fine!

Why not teach her to have a fantastic recall along with finding a JRT proof harness?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have chased a few...and done some really stupid things while in pursuit. It sure gives a person perspective.

bubbatd

That must have been so scary for you !! Glad that the man stopped !

King crashed through a window (one tiny scratch!) and was running loose for some time (Not sure how long), and I was totally freaked out when I realized he was gone. After looking for about 20 minutes, I saw him running full blast between houses down by the river, and after about ten minutes, he finally came over and I put the leash on him. About 6 months later, he did it again, and nearly was hit by a car. I was almost as angry with him as I was scared. I finally prevented it from happening again by putting lexan windows in and putting up a canvas curtain to take enough speed off if he hit the window again to prevent him from busting through.

Swm

Mommy to three munchkins
I've had 2 experinces of my dogs getting loose one me. Luckly both turned out good.

First one was I let my dogs out to go potty one morning like normal. After I did a couple things I realized that Smeags wasn't barking to come back in like he does. As I headed to my back door to check on them my doorbell rang. It was my next door neighbor with all three dogs!!

My daughter went out the back door to leave for school and didn't shut our gate! I had no clue. She never left by the back door before so it never crossed my mind to check our gate. Our neighbor happen to be walking past her front window and saw my munchkins around our mailbox. Luckly they know my neighbors and love them to death, so when she opened her door they all ran over to give her luvs.

The next experince was when my daughter and I took the boys for a walk. We was headed our normal route when I saw a couple people down the street who looked like they been drinking. So I told my daughter we was going to walk a different way. As she changed her direction Wicket kept walking our normal way and popped his collar off and this happened in the middle of the street as we was crossing. I knew if I reacted excitedly(if that is a word lol) it would make him very excited and more then likely start a chase with him. I calmly told my daughter he was out of his collar keep walking cause he is following you. As soon as she got to the sidewalk she stopped and he sat down. She was able to slip his collar on and tighten it.

In all my life I have never been so scared when this happened. Wicket, at the time, was still in his ignore mommy stage if there was anything else to draw his attention. I was so proud of him and my daughter that day. She listen and didn't over react to it happening and Wicket stayed at her side like we have been training him.

M

mikzmae

wow what a bad experience as of now i do not have any bad experience but i hope it will not,you will recover it out just be positive the your self.God Bless!

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

Members online

No members online now.