Not wanting to play with other dogs?

Ashelee

Ok so today was Beemer's second time going to the dog park. The first time we went he had a blast! There were only 2 dogs there and he ran and ran and just loved it. This time though there were about 10 or so dogs there and I sat on the picnic table and watched him run in the sand by himself and then he just came back to me and sat under the picnic table. When other dogs would try and come up to him he would simply run out from under the table and they would chase him and he would jun back to me. I would get up and he would follow me around the whole park instead of playing. I mean I am glad he is so intuned with me and wanting to be by my side, but I want him to play and get socialized with other dogs. Any tips, or advice, or comments?

Hillside

Original Twin
He was probably intimidated by a large amount of dogs. Django acts differently at our dog park depending on how many dogs are there.

Toller_08

Dance never plays with other dogs at the dog park. The only reason I go is so that she can chase her ball in an open field legally.

Paige

Let it be
Bandit is like that. He is fine with other dogs and will play every now and again but he's not overly into it.

It doesnt sound like your pup is having socializing problems. Sounds more like he just loves his mama. :) Just having the option to run and play with other dogs is good. If he chooses to stay at your side Id say you have a good pup on your hands. :)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi as a general rule couldn't care less about other dogs.... She's far more interested in people and TOYS!

There are odd dogs that she takes to instantly and zoomies with, but not many.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ilsa will only play with dogs she knows at dog parks - or more specifically, the dogs we go to the dog park WITH. I don't know how she knows that she goes to the dog park with DJANGO or SAGA, so she'll play with THOSE dogs only.

IMO, the other dogs just don't impress her. Not worth her time. ;)

Members online

No members online now.