Evil person kills dog with Tennis ball!

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Fromt the sounds of it, it wasnt ment for a dog to pick up.

Sad all the same tho

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's horrible!

I think/hope the cops were more thinking of the owner's reaction if they pulled out their guns and shot the dog and maybe were hoping to avoid a lawsuit by having a vet say "This dog won't make it" than if they went ahead and did it, and the distraught owner then sued.

the bad old cops....

Zoom said:
That's horrible!

I think/hope the cops were more thinking of the owner's reaction if they pulled out their guns and shot the dog and maybe were hoping to avoid a lawsuit by having a vet say "This dog won't make it" than if they went ahead and did it, and the distraught owner then sued.

I agree

JennSLK said:
Fromt the sounds of it, it wasnt ment for a dog to pick up.

Sad all the same tho
I found this not clear from the article, but I can't imagine why else someone would tie an explosive to a tennis ball for other than to hurt a dog? It sounds like an adult who likes to torture animals or something who dropped it off for a dog to find.

sigh, its sad that we are so worried about law suits that we cannot be humaine. I don't blame them for doing there job, its just sad that in some places people have to worried about being suid for things like this.

Investigators said they are usually made by curious teens and young adults "looking for that big bang," using information found on the Internet. They are then abandoned when they don't detonate like they were supposed to.
i dont think they ment to kill the dog, it's a sad story though )-:

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I dont thin kmany people realize that each time an officer removes his gun from his holster it means extensive paper work on it, you also need to explain how many you shot etc etc and why.

ALSO.. IF the dog DID have a fighting chance and the officer shot the dog - they could have been sued for putting the dog out.
An officer is not a vet.

That poor dog though, some people really dont think of the "ripple effect" that they cause.

Brattina88

That's sad, and a little scary. Missy and I purposely walk by the tennis court and creek nearby to see if any balls were hit astray and left there. We find nice gooshie wet ones by the creek - Missy is obsessed with thim :D
I wouldn't have thought twice about letting her pick it up :confused:

Whether it was meant for a dog to pick up or not doesn't matter. Either way they had destruction on their mind. It's sad...really, really sad. Poor dog, poor owner.

imagine how the owner would have taken the news. the owner was out and his friend was out walking the dog.

moxiegrl

Like the article said it probably didnt explode when it was supposed to..kids made it, and like a "firecracker dud" was left thinking it didnt work. Then this poor lil pup comes along and the rest is history.

I have found tennis/raquet balls before and never hesitated to let Katie play with them. :(

Dreeza

yeah, oakley just picked a stray one up the other day. honestly though, i wouldnt change allowing that. Just have them drop it (or bring it to you) if they get ahold of it before you can check it out. It seems like it will be noticeable (well, now that we are aware of the possibility) if something is wrong with it.

that is such a sad story :( poor poor ivy :( I really dont think it was meant for a dog either. If someone wanted to see a dog suffer, than they would be hanging around (i would think)...also, it probably would have gone off a lot quicker. Just some incredibly stupid person who was being too selfish to think of consequences when he tossed away his bomb that didnt explode...

Members online

No members online now.