Victor has crawl down...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
now for twist...arrgh first he twists ok.but on his hind legs..then he doesn't understand so he tries to down..after all that worked last time (why i hate training with treats) so i get ahold of his midsection..get him to HOLD STILL FOR CRIMINY SAKE>>wait til he is calm..take the treat and tornado twist again..arrrrrgh..three tries of that i decide i need a less yummy treat. Switch to a tic tac (he loves them) and a calmer twist ok but i still don't think he understands yet..any tips would be greatly appriciated. Sigh..maybe tomorrow. He got Crawl down really well in three days. We will see how long twist takes tho i am abosultely baffled how i will teach mr hyper to do just one step. One step to him is like one potato chip..ya cant take just one?

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Thata boy! I'm sure he will learn to twist in awhile. lol It might be hard but keep at it!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He is so serious and wants to do what i ask..you can tell his ears are up and alert..his focus is on you..just at hyper speed. When i was a cna there was a woman that i would help out of her wheelchair and into bed. She was a little heavier then i am, about the same age as me, and a bit taller too. I would say ok..on three for she could use one leg. She always came out of the chair on 2 or 2 and a half.. the first time it caught me so off gaurd i picked hose out of my knee for the rest of the evening. Her room mate laffed at me saying the last aid ended up under her bed. Training Vic is a bit like that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
second attempt..a twist with a little leap in the middle of it IS kind of entertaining....he is having fun. His head twist but his body kind of swings around afterwards...he would have loved ballet. He smiles with his lower teeth, i don't know how to describe it but it is deffinately his happy look. Thanks Sheow for being such an inspiration for me. Victor thanks you too!

Members online

No members online now.