Ever trained a dog....without ever doing it?

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
I've taken Allie through obedience training from puppy kindergarten through advanced, so I train her every day.

Ruby's intermediate class starts on Monday, so I've been refreshing her to see if she remembers sits, stays, walking on a loose leash, etc. She went through beginner twice, mostly for the mommy & me time, that and I figured a Sibe brain shouldn't go to waste. I don't train her on a regular basis, mostly because I never expected myself (or her for that matter :() to really get any better than intermediate.

Low and behold, she knows EVERYTHING that Allie knows, in some cases better. Her only exception is finishes, as I've never shown her what I expect. Allie still has problems with those, so I'm assuming she's never really seen a "correct" one. The only thing I can come up with--whenever I train Allie, Ruby is there as well, watching and sometimes participating on her own. I knew she was smart, I guess I underestimated the brains in the beauty.

Anybody else had "spontaneous obedience" happen??!!:popcorn:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yes, but only with the cats. I have had Emma seeing me ask Tom for a high five, and her giving me one, too, to get food. All sorts of things like that. That's also how they all elarned to sit - I don't remember teaching it individually.

Members online

No members online now.