Future kid names?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
The pronunciation is slightly different when said "correctly" but Lilyanna is a good approximation. I don't know. I like it. And given that I will most likely continue to live in an area with plenty of other Slav immigrants, most people will be quite familiar with it it. Or they can suck it up. There are weirder names out there, and I am quite attached to my heritage. Having a funny name didn't hurt me any :D
For what it's worth I like the name :D

And I wouldn't stop naming my own child something different! I just wouldn't want it myself lol. I think as a parent people have a duty to build character in their children through embarrassment and trauma! Ha! Like the time my mother hunched herself over and walked through the Paris underground station shouting "the bells!!!! The bells!!!!". It wasn't funny for a young me at the time :D

Taqroy

The pronunciation is slightly different when said "correctly" but Lilyanna is a good approximation. I don't know. I like it. And given that I will most likely continue to live in an area with plenty of other Slav immigrants, most people will be quite familiar with it it. Or they can suck it up. There are weirder names out there, and I am quite attached to my heritage. Having a funny name didn't hurt me any :D
I have to spell my name (Caitlin) every single time someone asks because even though it's common there's about nine million ways to spell it. I think that at this point with so many strange names/spellings floating around every kid everywhere is going to have to spell their name. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I had someone ask me how to spell my name before. Ed.

I told them it's hyphenated.
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

This literally made me laugh out loud lol.

My name is Tanya... pronounced Tan-ya not Ton-ya. I get Tonya more often than not

and I've had it spelled all kinds of ways like Tonya, Tania, Tayna (like really?). Doesn't really bother me and it's easy to correct if I feel the need but most of the time I just go about my day. I don't really care if it's pronounced or spelled incorrectly.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I'll admit, I say "Tahn-yuh". Brian has never corrected me :D

Zhucca

Lab Love
I really prefer more traditional names. I haven't really thought about middle names to go with them though.

For boys I like:
Robert (my fathers name)
Douglas
Dean
Malcolm
Nicholas
Scott

For girls I like:
Lillian
Dylan
Evelyn
Olivia
Trillian - big fan of the name since reading Hitchhikers'. I'm not sure if it fits appropriately for a human, I can see using it for a cat. But it's still a consideration.
Marie

crazedACD

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

This literally made me laugh out loud lol.

My name is Tanya... pronounced Tan-ya not Ton-ya. I get Tonya more often than not

and I've had it spelled all kinds of ways like Tonya, Tania, Tayna (like really?). Doesn't really bother me and it's easy to correct if I feel the need but most of the time I just go about my day. I don't really care if it's pronounced or spelled incorrectly.
Jessica. People spell it weird or ask how to spell it. I'm sure there are other ways to spell it, but I've never seen it!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
As someone with a weird, uncommon, oddly spelled, LONG name.. let me tell you, yea there are moments of "UGH! I WISH MY NAME WAS BOB" but more often than not, I like it. It's unique, it's special, I like that my mom thought it out.

Spelling it out becomes more a matter of total habit than one of inconvenience. I hardly think twice about spelling it for people :rofl1:

As long as there is a way to shorten it to something a bit easier, like Fran, which I use for convenience and because people are sometimes stupid and can't handle 3 syllables.. I wouldn't worry too much.

Especially in school, having a unique name, for me personally, was much better than being 1 of 15 Stephanies.
Now THAT was confusing. "Stephy, Stephanie B, Steph, Anie, Stephanie R, etc..."

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
For a girl I'm set on Kaidence Marie though I like the name Autumn as well.

For a boy I want Raylan Thomas. Josh wants to name a boy Thomas after his uncle and I would prefer not to have the first name be Thomas, but am willing to do Thomas as a middle name. I also like the name Brayden, but a friend of mine named her son Brayden already.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My family ruins every name for me.

I had a list of like 150 names.

Having a name that I like in English is hard.
having it sound good in french.. rare.
sound good in spanish.. even more rare.
in creole? Oh gosh, by that time we are down to that there are like 4 names left :rofl1: but it has to work in all those languages!!

milos_mommy

Fran, I don't pity you :rofl1:

I really, really like the name Marisol, but I don't know if we'd pronounce it the English Mar-ih-sol, or Spanish Mar-ee-sol. I'd end up calling her "Sunny", anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be as big of a problem as I thought, actually...

I don't think America can handle the name Aurelia, either. I say "Aw-rail-yuh" but I feel like my family would all say it "Aw-reel-ee-a".

Paige

Let it be
My boys are Briggs and Blake. I really like B names for boys (go figure the pets are Bandit and Brobee) but if I did end up having a child with my current spouse he is set on naming a boy Darius (his son is named Damien)... so I think two Bs and two Ds sounds nicer than three Bs and one D.

For a girl I have no clue. I like weird names like Pixie but I also like more traditional names like Penelope.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My boys are Briggs and Blake. I really like B names for boys (go figure the pets are Bandit and Brobee) but if I did end up having a child with my current spouse he is set on naming a boy Darius (his son is named Damien)... so I think two Bs and two Ds sounds nicer than three Bs and one D.

For a girl I have no clue. I like weird names like Pixie but I also like more traditional names like Penelope.
I actually know a girl named Pixie :) She goes by pix (Pronounces picks) but it really suits her and the more I used to it I get the more I love the name!

Her brother is named Apollo which is another favorite of mine.

milos_mommy

I just added Darius to my list. Secretly, though, I kind of like it on a girl, but I really don't like boy's names on girls, and going primarily by a gender neutral nickname myself, wouldn't want to do that to a daughter.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Her brother is named Apollo which is another favorite of mine.
That was one of my favorites! Couldn't use it though, because my last name has a Spanish ll = y sound, so having a first name is ll = l sound would have been way too confusing for people.

One of my old students was named Cedar (a boy). His sister was Sequoia. It really suited them. They were great kids.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I have a couple of names in reserve (Ie: wont use on dogs) incase I ever do baby it up.

For Boys
Isaac
Sebastian
I LOVED Quentin but I forgot about it when I named Quinn

For Girls
Hazel

My name is Maggie and I love it but every time I book anything official I have to go through the "Yes... Maggie is my full name. No, not Margaret. Yes... it is Maggie on my birth certificate"
And I do sometimes get nametags or certificates with "Margaret S......." on it instead of my real name. That bugs me. ASK! DON'T ASSUME!

Members online

No members online now.