Super cleaning.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Ever get into those modes where you suddenly decide that everything must be cleaned, and all dirt and germs in your house must die? DIE NOW.

That would be me right now. Maybe it's because of the onset of cool weather, or because the 3-day weekend actually has me feeling super energized. I just finished cleaning the laundry room within an inch of its life. You could probably have surgery on the dryer, and lay the surgical instruments on the baseboards. Now I'm whirlwinding around the library, wielding a dustcloth and a can of Pledge like a Spartan with a spear and shield.

I still have the living room, guest room, master bedroom and bathrooms to go. I'll probably be up late, LOL.

Anybody else enter into random cleaning frenzy?

Romy

Taxiderpy
I went a little crazy in the hall last night and waxed all the woodwork. :eek: Looks like the bathroom is going to be the next victim. Buahaha!

You're a little more thorough than me though. Your dryer sounds impressive!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I do that too - tho not quite to your level. My "CLEAN ALL TEH THINGS!!!1!!!!11!!" usually involves just vacumming, swiffering, cleaning sinks and counters, and clearing off the kitchen table and corner of the counter where we drop stuff when we walk in the door. :p No baseboards, sometimes a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the walls, though...

SaraB

I do that.. and then I go into a depression spiral about all the things that have to be cleaned and that I can never possibly clean them all and anyone that comes to my house is going to judge me on the spider webs and dane drool hanging from my ceiling. As awful as it is, I was actually relieved in a tiny way after Classic died because I won't have drool and nose prints on the glass doors at eye level anymore.

CaliTerp07

Yup...every couple weeks I go crazy. Never the laundry room though...that's in the unfinished part of the basement, so it never feels clean and I've given up. Bathrooms and bedrooms and kitchens and living rooms though get cloroxed and dusted within an inch of their life though!

ACooper

I think we've had these discussions before Gemp, so you already know 'bout me! LOL

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LOL Coop! Yes, I know.

Well, the library has now achieved spotlessness. I really need to get another bookshelf, though. I don't like have books stacked 3-deep on the shelves. I want to organize my books by author and genre, but I can't unless I get more shelves. Alas, me and my addiction. I should collect something smaller, like stamps.

And yes, I'm fighting the urge to make everyone in the house strip nekkid so I can wash every single article of dirty clothing in the house.

ETA: That reminds me, I should probably wash the curtains. Anyone know how to launder curtains??

Double ETA: I just noticed that my generic version of "Fantastik" cleaner is named "Totally Awesome". I had to laugh. :lol-sign:

ACooper

ETA: That reminds me, I should probably wash the curtains. Anyone know how to launder curtains??
Depends on the curtains. I always start by looking for a tag....which of course normally has laundering instructions.

The majority of my curtains are simple cotton ones made by me, so I just wash and dry the same as I do sheets :)

And ROFLMAO @ you wanting everyone to strip down.......your crazy has trumped mine!! :rofl1:

Lyzelle

I usually go crazy with cleaning a few times a month when I'm tired of the house looking trashed. Which happens pretty much as soon as DH walks through the door. :mad: And since he never cleans anything....well, you can imagine it gets out of control really quick. Especially his game room.

I clean when I'm angry, though. If I try cleaning when I'm happy, I end up angry because there's SO MUCH TO DO and he's NOT HELPING. Nor is Zander helping. Nor is the vacuum which needs to be emptied every 2 minutes helping.

The laundry room is just...disaster. We still don't have a proper dresser, so all the clothes, clean or dirty, are thrown all over the place and it is pretty rage inducing.

zoe08

I think about how much I would love to hire someone to do all the super cleaning for me! I really do want my house that clean....I just...don't want to do it! LOL. So I pick up the toys, vacuum the floor, and call it good. lol I live in Texas...so dusting is really pointless right? I mean it will only last 5 seconds anyways.

YES. And when I get going, I HAVE to finish it all or I literally cannot sleep. So I won't even start if I can't finish it and get every SPECK of dust GONE. Clutter and mess gives me anxiety. I let my room get so bad one time that it got to the point I would not sleep in there because it drove me nuts.

Members online

No members online now.