Dog problems

Chemikal

My dog has a tendancy to think hes a cat. He is not fixed. When the cat walks past him he has a tendancy to smell her butt. Is there anyone else thats had this problem? Does anyone know anything about correcting this problem? I have tried everything. I've tried seperating the cats and dogs. I've tried scolding him.

Hes a 6 year old Cockerspaniel.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
This is not an abnormal behavior. If it bothers you, you might try using a "leave it" command, just like you would if he were getting into the trash or picking up something off the floor.

Chemikal

Thanks. I thought about getting him fixed. I thought maybe if I got him fixed it would help. Ill try the "leave it" command. Thanks for your help. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My dog is fixed and he has a fascination with my cat's rear end too. It's just a "dog thing".

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Definitely not uncommon. Not only that but my cat Mojo smells my dog all over at times too.

As a side note though, you really should get the dog neutered.

Chemikal

Yeah, I am debating about doing that. I want a mate him though. I cant find a fullblooded Cockerspaniel to do that. I want him to have puppies. :) I wont sell them though if he does. I ll donate them to the elderly that need companionship. :) I believe a life isnt worth money. You cant put a price on someones happiness. After all god put everything on this earth for a reason and money isnt one of them to me.

My dog has a tendancy to think hes a cat. He is not fixed. When the cat walks past him he has a tendancy to smell her butt. Is there anyone else thats had this problem? Does anyone know anything about correcting this problem? I have tried everything. I've tried seperating the cats and dogs. I've tried scolding him.

I don't see the problem here? My dog does it to my cat when she gets the chance to get close enough to him before he smacks her.

Please do not scold. It's harmless, as long as he's not hurting the cat. Dogs sniff butts, it's just normal :D

Yeah, I am debating about doing that. I want a mate him though. I cant find a fullblooded Cockerspaniel to do that. I want him to have puppies. :) I wont sell them though if he does. I ll donate them to the elderly that need companionship. :) I believe a life isnt worth money. You cant put a price on someones happiness. After all god put everything on this earth for a reason and money isnt one of them to me.
Umm..I really should keep my mouth shut..

BUT...you don't just "donate" puppies..that's not how it works. I totally cringed when I rea what you posted..I eally would neuter him. There's no reason the breed him

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
From what you've said he sounds like a pet quality pup and should be neutered.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist

Lol sorry but your post made me laugh a little. Dogs sniff other dogs butts and cats butts......and even sometimes people butts. Its normal.

showpug

Oh, so are you planning on buying another cocker? If not, after all the money that goes into breeding a female and risk, I highly doubt you will have control over the puppies or be able to donate them. That would be up to the bitch's owner to make that determination.

I think you should HIGHLY consider neutering your dog. At 6 years old, his chance of testicular and prostate cancer is climbing... Breeding is a ton of work and a huge responsibility. It should not be taken lightly. Bitches and puppies die all the time from responsible, well thought out breedings. Why would you want to take that chace? Love your dog for who he is, he doesn't need puppies....

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
The shelters are already full of puppies dogs just waiting for the elderly who need companionship. Many of them come from first time breeders who thought they could give their puppies to people in need of companionship. Yet no one comes. Then they euthanise to make room for more puppies who are waiting for the elderly who need companionship.....

Please don't add to the cycle. This is not a good idea for you, your dog or the puppies ...and definitely not for the puppies who came before them whose time is running out.

If you are interested in donating an animal to an elderly person, why dont you sponsor a dog from your local shelter and ask that it be placed in a retirement home? Or help an elderly person pay for the adoption fee for a dog from the shelter?

There are TONS of cocker spaniels in shelters & to be honest if you plan on giving them to elderly people, that is not very safe. The elderly person is going to pass away and who is going to care for the dog? In most cases it will be your local high kill shelter. You dont want your pups to be in there.

As a sidenote, senior citizens dont want a puppy. They want an older dog who is calm, housebroken and not very much trouble.

Please neuter your doggy..As someone said his chances for cancer increase the longer he isnt neutered.

This is very normal.

Also as a side note, please breed the dog. If this is not a registered show dog then there is no reason to leave him intact and put him at risk for many diseases and possible early death. There are already way to many puppies in this world. If you want to know more or proof just visit www.petfinder.com

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
This is very normal.

Also as a side note, please breed the dog. If this is not a registered show dog then there is no reason to leave him intact and put him at risk for many diseases and possible early death. There are already way to many puppies in this world. If you want to know more or proof just visit www.petfinder.com
LMAO! I'm sure you didn't mean to but you just typed "Please breed the dog." :p Good post though. ;)

Staff online

Members online