I want to Adopt!

I really want i dog, i currently have a cat. I live with my parents and they have two dogs 12year old bear a Newfie and 3 year old sam a lab. I really like dashounds and luckly iv found i daschound rescue in my city. we have lots of shelters here too. I even went to petfinder, there a really cool doxie mix there but my mom says i have to wait 5month before i can get my dog. I think this is because the vet said bear has cancer. That is ontop of his artitis and cateracts(sp? bluish eyes doc said he only see's shadows now) and bear will only live about a year now w/o therapy. Mom doesnt want bear to 'suffer' though kemo cause of all his other promblems. she wants him to pass happy' gaurding his chew toys in the backyard. hehe..I want to get a buddy for Sam though, and me i plan to get a small dog apt friendly/cat friendly. I know dogs are major resposiblity, i adopted my cat i have the savings just for them and a emergency credit card. which i havt had to use yet. The thing is before i got Faye-my cat i had a siamse she was accidently let out of the house and run over. We went round to shelters but didnt find anything cause it wasnt 'cat season'.. we went to petsmart adotions, thewy always have cats. But the women would not let us about a cat because my sister told her that our last cat was hit by car. The women said it was irrisponiable of my to have my cat outside and i shouldnt own any cats if there allowed to freroam because its dangerous. IT WAS AN ACCCIDENT my cats arnt outside cats, oh she made me cry that day. Also the cats are only avaible for adoption if you want to adopt 2 cats. but we already have a lonly cat at home and just needed one. no go. My dad drove me to an all cat no kill shelter, i hesitated to tell them about my last cat because of what happended ealier. But the gave use Faye the next moring, for just 95 dollors. we didnt even have to bring the other pets on cause its a cat shelter and most dont like dogs. she said. But this one will adjust. Faye adujested just fine towards the dog and other cat, though she did get qurrintined, saw the vet and found out she had a UTI i had to get meds and she was put on the banfield pet plan. sigh

I hope the shelter will let me have a dog, and not let the experiance with my cat hinder me, i dont think thats fair. im a good pet owner and i deserve another chance. Do they have high standereds you think? i saw dogs in the paper but i dont want a puppy, and petstore are too expensive when they have more mutts than purebreds. ever heard of a snickrdoodle? aparently is a Skipperkee min poodle 'hybrid' and there selling it for 1000+ what a load of crap..

Fran27

Lots of dog rescues don't ask about cats. I know mine didn't. We actually have inside/outside cats (it's pretty safe around here though), and it was never even mentionned when we adopted Tips... Of course it would be hard to adopt a cat though. I really don't know what's wrong with that place you went to...

Good luck, and keep us posted!

you sound as if you would really look after a dog of your own, good luck and i hope you find your perfect pet!

Members online

No members online now.