Hey there

Hi everyone.

I have just registered today. I have read all sorts of postings on this board and many other boards.

I have a little female westie puppy. She's 14 weeks and a right smashing little thing. Her name is Rosie-Doodles. Some name for her eh! I am not a lover of it but the child named her and come hell or high water he wasn't allowing her to be called anything else. :)

She is doing great. She has all her shots but there is something i am wondering if anyone here can shed some light on.

First sometimes there is blood in her poop. I have been to the vet and he told me "it was a thing of nothing". He gave me some stuff to giev her in a syringe one a day and i have done this.

Also she is itchy and she has two little scabs on her ears. Went to the vet and he checked and no parasites. He has given me this cream stuff you put in her ears once a day. Now my mother thought she was doing good and put a flea collar on the poor girl which she was way too young for and i had already treated her for fleas so she was overdosed on the stuff. I removed the collar and the vet checked her. He has told me if she stays itchy (the scabs are gone from her neck where the collar was and around the ears the scabs seem to be going) he wants to give her antibiotics, and if that doesn't work then she is just an Itchy Westie. Is there any tips out there from people of what to do. I adore her and don't want her to be itchy for the rest of her life.

sourjayne

I don't have any advice, but I think Rosie-Doodles is a lovely name :D Too cute! I hope she heals and everything works out!

Kanga

Sorry I cannot offer any solutions but, has she had a wellness checkup at the vet's yet?

Glad you are here and I love the name it is very cute.

bubbatd

First of all Welcome to Chaz-land !! Personally I'd change vets . There's more involved here and I'm glad you took off the flea collar !!

Members online

No members online now.