Some people...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Speaking as a horse owner, (who has a dog who happily trots alongside) There is nothing worse than a bad mannered dog when out riding!! I think worse than Barking are the dogs that get between the horses legs!! Yeah there are people who let their dogs do that!! It doesn't really bother us as Cavan (the horse) is 100 % totally dog proof, But if I'm riding my friends mare, i'm likely to get ditched!! I hate inconsiderate people!!! There's no excuse for it!!

Another bad thing I hate when riding is something I encounter a lot here...sometimes we have to cross roads to get to certain trails and you have your horse trottin along side a road and this LOUD/FAST car comes barreling by like your not even there, it's worse when they stop and start talking without turnig their car off, the whole time your horse is going crazy prancing around and they don't have the common sense to either slow down or leave. (my horse doesn't mind but not all horses are trained around that and get spooked easy or are young horses, but because horses are common here that's not as bad as >>> Or when we pass a 4-wheeler trail and people come barreling by on 4 wheelers like your not there - usually it's on our land they don't have permission to be on too. It's pretty bad when you can't enjoy a nice quiet ride on your own trails on your own property for "hoodlems" out joy riding and littering and purpously riding by your horses to see if they can make someones buck up so someone will fall off. We've had to call the cops a time or two. We caught someone camping out making drugs one trip.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I had a really bad experience once with some kids hiding in a bush, and they jumped out in front of my friends horse Meynall (we used to call him Mental!) (I was on him) he was a really highly strung ex racer and he went mental! I'm sure I did 4 laps of the forest before I stopped!! Normally a lap takes over an hour, I was going round in about 10 mins!! Oh you should have heard what I said to those kids when I caught up with them!! I was not best pleased!

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Sounds like something those kids that were throwing stones at Luv4Pits would do...jump out at someone's horse! What the heck is wrong with people?!

Yesh....how can anybody be so stupid? :mad: Sometimes I wish that the people that were doing things like that would get kicked by the horse or would get bit by the dog, but I know that that would probably cause more problems.
Don't you wish parents would actually teach their children how to respect animals?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Rose's Gal said:
Don't you wish parents would actually teach their children how to respect animals?
Yes!! And I find it's alwys the people who "claim" to be animal lovers but have NO PETS!! that have the worst kids!! And what annoys me more, are people who don't have dogs and have never had dogs telling me what to do with my dog!!!! :mad:

Gustav said:
And what annoys me more, are people who don't have dogs and have never had dogs telling me what to do with my dog!!!! :mad:
Yep, that is annoying. I also wish that people would take the time to research training meathods that are advised to them before they actually do them. An ex-nieghbor has recently bought a Boxer pup. They were told by a freind that when the pup bit, they should smack it across the nose, or give it a scruff shake.
Needless to say, when the daughter was telling me this (she is about 10yrs old) I was getting extreamly frusterated (because, IMO, these people shouldn't own a dog period, the girls are cruel to animals in general, and a Boxer is probably the worst breed of dog for them). I was trying to explain that hitting wouldn't help, and all of that stuff, but I don't think she took in a word of it.
I even wrote them a letter telling them about the right way to train the Boxer pup, but I don't think that helped either.
But if these people would have researced before they even bought a dog all of this could have been avoided.

That's why when we decided to start looking for a boxer we immediatley went and got tons of boxer books and articles off the internet. We had never owned a boxer before and I wanted to be prepared - none of that backyard training advice from loosers who think they know what they're doing. We wanted to do it the right way, and you're right Rose - hitting and shaking WILL NOT help - I mean duh, common sense should've told them that. I commend you for trying to help the dog, if it get's bad I'll call the authorities for abuse.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Yeah, how about the people who've had dogs, and had to get rid of them because they couldn't train them right trying to tell you how to take care of your dog? My god...I've gone through that before. It drives me nuts! How they can even have the nerve to tell us anything when they don't know squat about dogs...is beyond me.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
...and then, you get the people like my neighbor. She's got a chow mix called Spike. This dog barks 24/7, and doesn't listen to a thing this woman says. Once, right after we moved here, I was walking Shelby, and passed her on the road. I didn't know Spike or this woman, except that she was my neighbor. So, she goes "do you think they'll get along and be friends?" I'm thinking (stupidly) okay, this woman knows her dog, and Shelby won't do anything to him, so it's okay Wrong! I let Shelby go up to Spike, who immediatly tried to bite her muzzle! I pulled poor Shelby back so fast, I can't believe I didn't give her tracheal damage...I was ticked! Shelby didn't get bitten by Spike, but she would've had I not freaked out and yanked on her. She was 9 as it was when that happened. Spike was only about 3, and he's bigger than she is, so chances are, he would've really hurt her. It was my fault for being stupid enough to trust someone, but also her fault for letting Spike go upto Shelby without knowing how he was going to react.

And somehow, don't ya know it, Spike found out how to get out of the fence a couple of months ago. Guess who it was that always had to get him back in?? That's right: Purr. And, he got out about 4 times. Kathy (my neighbor) said to me one day, "you're the only person that dog listens to; when you're not here, he doesn't go back in the yard".

Oh, sorry...I'm rambling LOL!

Members online

No members online now.