saga of Onyx's little boy

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
JUst came to my door with a leash attached to rangy,flat coated, coon hound looking mix..tall,skinnier than vic, but with a real pretty face and old wise eyes. He asked me "if i knew who's dog it was" and i said "i sure dont..i wish i did" so i told him to hang on while i swquinched myself between the door and my dogs that never use to act like this before..and wrote him the name of lost dog registry, petsaver.com..which was all i could think of off the top of my head..we all know his parent know the number to the pound. Was a real nice dog..the dog he probably should have in the first place..not a brassy pushy wonderful handful like onyx. it's cold out there too..wonder if he can't take it home..wonder if he will have to turn it loose..wonder now if maybe i should go out there and see..it is time for me to leave anyway to pick up Aaron..little boys with big brown eyes and old coondogs with big brown eyes..geeeez

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, I know how you feel wondering if you should have done something different. I hope the boy's parents did the right thing for the dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i wasn[t thinking on my toes there..dang it..i did find him and asked him if his parent were going to let him keep him over night...he said they might..he was hoping his dad would let him keep her..but he wasn't sure. It is cold out now..going to drop down to 30 (which means everybody i carried out plant wise must come in) tonight. So i told him i was his back up if it did't work out.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
animal control went by today...wonder where all the dogs are. I do hope Onyx is not in that truck..i told Renee that i thought she wasn't trying to be mean to me..she was saying THAT IS MY CAR MY CAR MY CAR. I see her as a brassy, pushy, wonderful woman that goes for what she wants..the dog across the street does not have my affection however..he and i have a daily morning arguement about how he is not goint to hike his leg on my porch nor defficate right in front of my porch. He is not friendly, and sneaky acting. His owner lets him run every morning and lets him run on trash night too. I chase him out of my garage regularly. I wouldn't wish any dog a trip to the pound...but if they put the owners in that truck and made them stay at the shelter i would be very happy indeed.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Guess who is in my living room..hip bones and ribs showing,,,,,,talllll dog with coon hound face. Sits on command and downs too. Boy oh boy how do i get myself into this? Little boy told me i could keep the collar..funny isn't it?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
You're a dog Magnet too! like Love4Pits! They are just drawn to you! There must be something in the air around your house!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
saga of Dominique (sp?) Aaron named him
Nic and Vic ..have been playing until they have to run to the water bowl.to cool off .and then they are back at it until they wore each other out..they napped and now they are back to romping.
Nic ate out of a bowl at the same time as mary and Victor..didn't even look up when mary finished (she always inhales her food) and walked out of the room
Bought victor a new toy at thrift store today..a smiley stuffed toy that vibrates..giggles like a child and says at the end THATS FUNNY. So Victor has it..and is teasing the other dog, holding it while he as his shoulder turned so Nic can't get it..Victor is smiling..even Aaron commented on it. We are watching them play so nicely when that toy says THATS FUNNY and it was. While they napped Aaron forgot the dog was even here...he looked down and said i forgot you were here.
Mary is a little jealous of the fun they are having ..but not in a mean way..she just knows she is too old for that.
I gave her a big big hug and said that nothing has changed..and it never will and she thumped her tail and gave me a kiss.
Victor just stole his toy back and nic is barking at him while wagging his tail..nicely
NOW THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THE TOY AND ARE BACK TO CHEWING ON EACH OTHER.
They must be the same age..dog will not stay..it isn't even a consideration. But i have sources and we did it once before..we can do it again. This dog sits..downs and is polite. I think this has to be someone's dog. I am getting off this forum now like a good girl and post him in some found dog sites.. Wish him luck please.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Good luck Dominic! Hope you find your mummy and daddy or if not find a new mummy and daddy who loves you!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i posted at petfinder .com lost dog found dog..and i fido finder..i will look for more tomorrow and check with the local shelters. I called lost dog registry and left them a detailed message. They will confirm it at 10 tomorrow morning. He knows down and sit..but doens't know shake. I told Aaron that and his age would be the questions to ask if someone claims him..that way we will know for sure. i lost a dog twice..one that slept on my pillow from Hyia's age to my teen years. One way or the other this is a right nice dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
everybody asleep ..it is a shame he can't stay for he fits right in. I took Mary out for ice cream..she needed a girls night out and some special attention.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We'll see if he likes one of my baths before we go to bed for good. He doens't smell bad, but i imagine he will be on the bed before the night is out so in the tub he goes. its a very big mattress.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
was heading to bed but wanted to check my e-mails first and found a post from fido finder..they had a match of a dog lost in the very next zip code. Cross your fingers!!! Wouldn't that be an easy solution? i sent an e-mail and my phone number.

oh and i forgot..he was down on the floor so i put Bronki's lion rug next to him and thought i would just roll him over on it.he is so so tired. I took his front and back leg and was rolling him over when i saw a red patch right across the lower chest area. looks like a big piece of tape was put on and then ripped off. The hair is gone and the patch is bright red..from a chain? i have to wonder if that is what happened to him last night..so i put some handshield lotion on it and he didn't even try to lick it off..just put his head on the lion's head and went back to sleep. I covered him up and we won't bother with a bath tonight..he really has no odor so it would have just been to remove any dust...i will just let him sleep. From the look of his undercarriage..he is exactly Victor's age..an adolescent not a big grown up man if you know what i mean. He still has a little kid tummy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It really isn't too far..mom is only 3 minutes away..at that is the next zipcode..it is the same as hers.. i am sure it isn't..that would be way to easy..but oh i hope so. he can't stay here much as i and apparently Victor would like for him to. I was amazed at Fido finder..that was prety quick in finding a match and e-mailing me...go fido finder..boy are they on the ball.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, you must have a halo above your head for all the stays to see.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
not true..the deserver of that wouldnt have sent him home with little boy last night..something happened to his chest and it was a fresh wound looks better this moring
.but hey..know what? He is a BEAUTIFUL dog.Fill him out a little and wow.
His eyes are a rich golden reddish brown that match the color of his mask and nose perfectly.i will pick up some film this morning .he was just here with his muzzle on my lap..while i stroked the streak between the eyes with one finger..and rubbed an ear. I sure hope i can find his mom or dad..or both. Someone has loved this dog or he wouldn't be like this. He is housebroken to a t, his manners are lovely. Last night he slept beside me (it was a bit snug but we made it work so everyone was happy) and he didn't try to hog or push his way in...i gave him a cover and all was well. Mary and he had a tiny squirmish this morning ( i said AAAAA KNOCKITOFF and they did) but she is a bit jealous and i can't blame her, this is usually Vic and her romp time and they were playing. So now he is chewing on a nylabone and mary and vic are playing so all is in balance. ok now he and Vic are playing and she is chewing haha

Members online

No members online now.