Gambit, the Rainbow Coy

StillandSilent

So, Gambit is doing better with strangers. I don't make him go anywhere in public, since that is stressful to him, but we do have turnover in the staff at the daycare, and he's gone from standing 8 feet away and barking at them for 5 days to standing 3 feet away and barking for 2 hours. Progress, I say! Progress! :p

In general, he prefers women to men, but I think this has a lot to do with the fact that women are better listeners when I tell them how to handle him.

But there are some people that he takes to right away. For example, he is currently in love with a male coworker "Frank". From the moment Frank walked out into the yard, Gambit has flirted with him. There is no other way to describe the behavior. He walks in circles around Frank, doing play bows and stretching his hind legs, just like a 13 year old boy showing off for a pretty girl.

Another coworker, who has known Gambit since I brought him home, commented that the people that Gambit has taken to so quickly have all been men, and all been gay. She's right.

The question then becomes, why? These men do not resemble eachother at all. None of them have been effeminate or anything, just gay.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Coincidence? We're probably looking at a sample size of 50 or more people, and the 4 that he has become obsessed with like this have all been gay men.

Everything Gambit does fascinates me, because it's never what I would expect.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Glad to hear he is making progress! Good for him!

As for the other bit, I have no idea. It could be more of coincidence, who knows, maybe they don't wear overpowering smells, maybe their body language is more relaxed, etc. There are a few gay pheromone studies out there, but I don't feel like going through them, haha. It is interesting though. Cameron usually blows off most people, but every once in a while she pulls to meet someone, and I can't find anything in common between these people.

Members online

No members online now.