xmas/happy holidays/merry christmas rant

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Oh, and as for the "Keep Christ in Christmas" people, well, a "true Christian" would want to let Him out the whole year and not just confine Him to one day ;)
I think this sums it up. I must say though, the X-Mas thing annoys me. Because who on earth pronounces it like that? I mean ex-mas? Really? Just spell the freakin' word out.

I also don't get the idea of greeting and saying goodbye to everyone with a holiday greeting. Please just say hello. I mean, I'll smile and wish the same, but I don't get it. Maybe I'm too young. Everyone is so politically correct.

Xandra

I wouldn't have even thought Christmas even relates to Christianity anymore....

As Sarah said, you won't hear happy holidays in the UK.
Yes, thank you. lol When I think of Christmas, it's tree, lights, cold, baked stuff, celebratory atmosphere... somewhat enhanced family cohesion, all that good stuff.

So when I wish you a Merry Christmas, if you think of the Jesus thing, and you like it, super.

If you think of the Jesus thing and it drives you crazy, sorry, I don't' know how you grew up but you need some new imagery in that head of yours.

If you celebrate something other than Christmas, have a happy "that."

If people wishing you a merry Christmas drives you batshit, go lock yourself in a box or vacation in Saudi Arabia till mid January or so, just to be safe.

Doberluv

Yes, thank you. lol When I think of Christmas, it's tree, lights, cold, baked stuff, celebratory atmosphere... somewhat enhanced family cohesion, all that good stuff.

So when I wish you a Merry Christmas, if you think of the Jesus thing, and you like it, super.

If you think of the Jesus thing and it drives you crazy, sorry, I don't' know how you grew up but you need some new imagery in that head of yours.

If you celebrate something other than Christmas, have a happy "that."

If people wishing you a merry Christmas drives you batshit, go lock yourself in a box or vacation in Saudi Arabia till mid January or so, just to be safe.
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: Good one! Win!

Doberluv

I think this sums it up. I must say though, the X-Mas thing annoys me. Because who on earth pronounces it like that? I mean ex-mas? Really? Just spell the freakin' word out.

I also don't get the idea of greeting and saying goodbye to everyone with a holiday greeting. Please just say hello. I mean, I'll smile and wish the same, but I don't get it. Maybe I'm too young. Everyone is so politically correct.
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas
Christmas

:eek:That was hard... to be so "politically correct." Do you want politically correct or can I just write Xmas? It's so much quicker. And I promise I won't pronounce it like "exmas." I'll pronounce it like "Crissmas." Yeah, there aren't any other words we use in English that are not pronounced the way they're spelled. ;)

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
If I know someone celebrates something other than Christmas then I will wish them that. I do have a co-worker who is a JW, so I wish her "Have a good day off" on the last day before Christmas. I was raised that Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ so that is what I think of when it comes to Christmas (along with trees, lights, etc), but I realize that the holiday is fairly secular at this point.

Sometimes I do Happy Holidays and sometimes Merry Christmas--just depends on the situation. When I worked as a trail guide we had a fairly diverse customer base so I got in the habit of saying Happy Holidays.

Members online

No members online now.