Making walks fun...

Dreeza

What are some good ideas to make walks more interesting?

I like in the suburbs... all we have are straight sidewalks, lol...

oakley still gets excited to go on walks, but during them, he doesnt seem as thrilled as he used to be...

i'm sure he gets bored...plus, he never gets to chase those pesky squirrels and rabbits that run in front of him...

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Try taking him on different routes, or taking a short drive to a park with walking trails. Changing things up will keep him interested.

Dreeza

Gempress said:
Try taking him on different routes, or taking a short drive to a park with walking trails. Changing things up will keep him interested.
Yeha, i try to change my route...but hehe, there are two garbage cans by me (at the school, and at the corner market)..unfortunately, they are a block away from each other...

its always more fun to be walking without a bag of poop, haha

and there are no parks that allow doggies near me :(

maybe ill even drive to another part of the city...walk by the lake...some new sights and smells for oakley to explore!

I let the girls chase the birds around here. At our local park we have a lot of Canadian Geese so Tippy herds them into the lake. She absolutely loves it.
You could try training him on walks, going on different routes, or arranging to walk with another dog and owner.

bogolove

We have walking partners that we go with. My friend Liz and her dog Jenny, who Brady absolutely loves. They enjoy their walks together.

Also, taking them to different places can help too. We have a few nice parks that we go to every now and then.

Members online

No members online now.