They took a stand!

I am so proud of the people that own the Agri Feed and Pet Supply in Knoxville, Tennessee (where I buy my dog food).

Although they sold a significant quanitity of these products, they have pulled all Iams and Eukanuba products from their shelves and posted a letter stating why they will not carry these products any longer. They go on to point out that there are many pet foods of far superior quality available at the same price - or less.

They also sponsor many adoption events, training and strongly support area rescues.

Nice to see that there are some out there that don't cave to profits!

With all the abuses in the pet industry and all for profit, it is nice to see a business do the right things and still profit. Hurray for Agri Feed and Pet Supply!!

Chazhound

ummm what is wronng with eukanuba? bc the breeder gave roxy to us with the eukanuba food. weve been feeding that too her since we got her and the breeder has been feeding that too her since she was born. and we even got eukanuba treats that roxy loves? is there something wrong with eukanuba? bc i dont want anything bad for my roxy

Simply put, it's a very poor quality food with a high quality price. The abuse of animals practiced at their facilities is unconscionable. I realize PETA gets a bit over the top at times, but this is one of the more concise sites I've seen: http://www.iamscruelty.com/

Check out some of the threads here on feeding, and several of us strongly recommend going to www.greatdanelady.com for good feeding advice. Karen (JRTRattie) has done a lot of good research lately and has posted some great links. I feed mine Innova products; the parent company, Naturapet, has several different lines of high quality, human grade organic feeds that are similar in price to Iams/Eukanuba and Science DIEt. They're at www.naturapet.com . Chaz feeds his Shelties Flint River, another high quality, organic human grade feed. There are a lot of choices out there, but you won't find them at the grocery store, WalMart - and especially not at your vet's office (typically).

Members online

No members online now.