Who lets their BIG dogs sleep on the bed?

sprintime

My dogs will for some unknown reason always go to their on beds when bedtime rolls around. I toss and turn too much, they like their own space and so do I.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Psyche (43lbs) sleeps with my every night. Some nights I'll allow Crash (55lbs ish) to sleep with me, and when Simi's old enough she'll likely have a night here or there where she sleeps with me.

That said, I've been known to take a nap with Crash, Psyche, Simi and Zoey all in the bed, then sometimes one or two of Mom's dogs will hop up.

ETA: Before losing Bella, she used to sleep with me every night. She was 27 inches tall and about 85lbs and liked to sleep back to back with me, legs stretched long, and without her feet hanging off the edge, on a queen bed... :rolleyes: She hogged, but I got so used to it that after losing her Psyche had to start sleeping with me cause I couldn't sleep otherwise.

Kharma. 150 lbs. Of course.

She's not bad about hogging the bed, and if she does, I nudge her and tell her "you're hogging" and she gets up and moves. She usually starts sleeping alongside me, then moves to the foot of the queen bed where she can watch the doorway.

Red Chrome

Judge(GSD-93 lbs) and LoLa(42lbs) both sleep on my bed every night. Judge starts on the bed then gets down and lays in from of the door, "guarding" it! LoLa lays up right beside me using my extra pillow as her pillow.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn (40 pounds, 20"ish with longggg legs) prefers the floor when she's at home with me but will sleep on the bed with my bf and myself at his place. She's a bed hog - we give in and sleep uncomfortably on half of his queen size bed, she sprawls out on the other half.

Doberluv

That was when Shammy was a baby.. and pretty much the only time he was allowed to sleep in bed with me. He's allowed now (despite his ~85 lbs) but ONLY if I am taking a rare nap and my boyfriend is awake. Magpie, Jonas, and Smalls all sleep in the bed at night but Jack prefers not to. Sham will sleep in his crate until hell freezes over.
That's so cute. It reminds me of a greeting card my Mom gave me once. On the front of the card, a woman is ushering a guest into the bedroom. There are a lot of dogs on the bed and it says, "It was chilly tonight, thought I'd put an extra dog on your bed." :rofl1:

Very cute. I hope you're a sound sleeper. :p

When I had bigger dogs and since I've lived alone, I've always let them sleep on my bed. And sometimes I let Tokie sleep with me if she's visiting. But I have gotten so I prefer to not have the bigger dogs on the bed...I hate getting crowded at all and it wakes me up. The Chi's are okay as long as they stay over on their side. LOL. I'm too light a sleeper I guess and everything bugs me. lol.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
My dogs sleep in crates. :eek: They are allowed on my bed though and I have fallen asleep for a nap with both Cara and Upendi in bed with me.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Holly slept with me because she was good and wouldn't chew anything up but I'm scared Violet would get into stuff and end up killing herself somehow. Plus our room is like a sanctuary for Chloe, it's a place Violet isn't allowed that Chloe can relax and be herself in.

shazbot

not so newby
All 3 of mine, 86, 89, 95 lbs are allowed to sleep on the bed with us. Though there's usually only 2, the 3rd likes to sprawl out on the couch. The 2 that do sleep with us wait until we get comfy then fill in the spaces that are open. Once they lay down they are out for the night. They don't normally crowd us out, they snuggle in and that's it.

Ollie sleeps in bed with me, on the pillow next to me. :) She is only 47 lbs but it is only a single bed (tiny). She takes up more room than me! lol

Toller_08

Mine don't. I just can't sleep with dogs in my bed for some reason anymore. I used to. I actually don't mind sleeping with Dance if not for the hair. She's little (30lbs) and doesn't take up space, but her fluffy hair gets everywhere and clings to my face which is annoying. And plus, she peed on my bed once and lost all bed privileges after that. Especially now that I have a new mattress. And the Dobermans aren't good bed dogs because their hair is pokey and gets everywhere and makes me super itchy. And Ripley has no sense of personal space in bed. I can tell him to move, but he slides closer through the night and wakes me up a million times and nearly pushes me off the bed. So yeah, no dogs on the bed for me. They all have their own nice, comfy beds on the floor. :)

But I've slept with about 7 Dobermans (60-80lbs) and 2 Ridgebacks (85-100lbs) all at once before when I was house-sitting for my breeder friend. It was the worst night's sleep ever! There was no room for me at all. After that, I only kept a few dogs in bed and the rest were crated.

Members online

No members online now.