okay Chazzers...

Samsonyte!

Just for fun. What breeds do you see in Sam? I've settled on calling him a mutt of a mutt and leaving it at that, but I'm just curious. He is
-11 months old
-Weighs 15 pounds
-11" at the shoulders
-Pretty stubborn at times
-Very velcro-y, and you can tell that he's my dog
-He's wary of strangers, but takes to them quickly
-Medium energy. He definitely does best with two-ish hours of exercise a day, but is very calm indoors, and can go for about a week with only short walks before he starts to be a pain in the butt to live with
-Loves to chase

Here's pictures to help you out :p
Side views:

Walking:

Front:

Sitting:

Hind:

Head:

He pretty much has different facial expressions every day, ranging from very soft to very focused. His ears are also different every time you look at them, and one looks to just be a prick-ear that flipped at the tip, while the other looks like a rose ear (it's flipped to the side, as if it collapsed in on itself.

So any guesses?

Samsonyte!

That's what he was listed as, but the ears are off, and the face is different from what I would expect it to. I would also think that his body would be longer?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
That's what he was listed as, but the ears are off, and the face is different from what I would expect it to. I would also think that his body would be longer?
There's really no way to tell. Each Dachshund/Chihuahua mix will be different.

Being part Dachshund doesn't guarantee a long body if the other breed is a more square bodied type.

His ears look like prick ears that lack the proper texture to stand.

His nose looks very dachshund in the length and shape of the muzzle, and the eyeset looks very much like that of a poorly bred chi.

Samsonyte!

Thank you! And yep, I've gotten a few people that thought he was part pap as well. And Mandy, I do kind of see what you mean about the eye set. I still don't see a whole lot of dachshund in him, other than his body is slightly longer than most dogs'.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
He looks like a Markiesje. It's too bad there's none in the US so that's not an option, lol!

http://www.greatdogsite.com/breeds/details/Markiesje/

They're a modernly re-created breed so I'm thinking maybe a similar mix? They're toy spaniel type, but I can't figure out what exactly went in there.

So I'm saying toy spaniel of some sort- possibly papillon being the spaniel. Plus something else that's a big bigger boned... He's a little short in the leg and heavy boned for most pap mixes I see.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I have no idea, but can I has him? He is gooooooooooooorgeous! *melts*

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
No, I don't think he is either, but he probably comes from similar breed types- like papillon or another spaniel for example.

Members online

No members online now.