german sheperd crosses

Some of my best German Shepherds have been rescued crosses. Bear was a wonderful German Shepherd/Akita cross. He became a certified therapy dog and whenever there was a local rescue even I was asked to bring him as an example. Bimmer and his sibs were thrown out at a farm. He's a GSD/wolf mix - light on the wolf. Right now he's laying here with his head on my foot.

I've got a wonderful border collie/German shepherd mix (mostly collie). She's a great dog, I love her to death.

My neighbors had a long-haired shepherd named Coke. Sadly, they made him live outdoors in their backyard and they rarely spent any time with him :(. He was still very protective of them and of their yard, even though he didn't get much loving at all. Don't know what happened to him, but he's not in that yard anymore.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Gus is a Shepherd cross and he is fantastic! He's smart, fun, protective without being too protective, and incredibly loyal! All in all I think Shepherd crosses are the bees knees! :D

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Interesting story i know I have never shared. My dad in the past owned two German Shepherd crosses at two seperate times that were used as sled pulling dogs! First when I was little around 4 or 5 my dad brought home a GSD/Alaskan Husky puppy if that makes any since named HumBug. Humbug made a great point dog or wheel dog he was extremly loyal and he was one of my dads favorites. Then when I was 15 not long after HumBug died did my dad bring home yet anouther GSD cross a GSD/Malamute to be exact named Moose. My dad still owns Moose and he is a wheel dog of 7 years old ready to retire old man. I did'nt photograph him for the quilt but I do have pics of him somewhere he is a BIG boy.

In my opinion their great dogs!

azcowgirl

i have a german shepherd cross hes a german shepherd 1/4 chow chow and hes so great! so loyal.. intelligent.. protective of our family but not bad but then hes a HUGE teddy bear

bonster

Disappointed :(
My father and I both have rescued GSD crosses, his is a lot older than mine.
Wonderful, intelligent, loyal and protective.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Never been around a cross. But I am in love with the breed itself. For the past couple of weeks at work, we have had several boarding with us. It is so funny, they bark and bark until I go inside the cage and then they tackle me and start kissing me and trying to get me to dance. LOL

Last edited:

shibby69

logan and halli are german shepherd cross collies. logan seems to have taken an equal amount of both gsd and collie and he has a wonderful temperament. i once read an article that gsd crosses are unpredictable and hard to train, however i find this very untrue. logan wasnt easy to train but i dont think any dogs are easy to train, just some easy compaired to others.

i cant speak for all gsd crosses but logan is lovely, hes very laid back and very loving.

Members online

No members online now.