Our Good bye to Nilly

Dekka

Just try me..
I know chaz wants to do something for Matt/Carter and to commemorate someone who was a well beloved member of our community.

At this time I don't know if they want flowers at her funeral but if they do we could do that as well. Talking to a few other people who knew her we had a few idea.

As we knew her through a shared love of pets we could donate in her memory to the rescue where she got Sierra. I know she spoke highly of them.

We could also make a gift basket for Sierra and Buddy. I was thinking people could send me what they would like included, I would add a few things and package it up nicely and then once things have settled a bit stop by and deliver it.

Allie is in the process of designing a big card that can be from all of us. We are going to include comments and quotes that people have said. Matt, and Carter when he is older, can read and re read how much she meant to some random internet people.

People have mentioned they want to do things for Carter. Right now he being showered with toys and attention. We had thought a good subscription to a toddler version of bark box would be nice and appreciated by Matt as well as Carter. (what parent doesn't want new engaging and appropriate toys showing up to entertain their child :) ?)

As for doing something for Matt. That is harder. I am really not sure a getaway weekend would be something he would want and enjoy in the near future. Laura and I both get the feeling he is looking forward to going home and spending some quiet time healing. Now that I have met his dad I could try to contact him on the down low and see if there is anything we could offer/do for him.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. Also would you guys be comfortable sending money to my paypal or would you like me to make a fund it type thing?

(also cross posting on the Chaz FB page)

Dekka

Just try me..
So We are putting the finishing touches on the lovely card that Allie designed.

We are going to include a good portion of the comments people have made in the FB thread on the inside of the card (the card is big) If anyone here who isn't on the FB group wants a comment or just their name on the card please let me know.

Julia' memorial is on Sunday. It is celebration of her life so I am hoping it will be a good opportunity to share happy memories with other people who cared about her.

I am hoping to get the rescue's information when I am there (Matt hasnt' messaged back) so we can donate.

Did anyone have any thoughts on the pet basket or other ideas or do we just want all the funds we have raised to go to the rescue (Minus the printing of one large card and comments for Matt and Carter)?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Trying to do some cleanup - are there any objections to this going to "buried bones"?

noludoru

Bored Now.
I think we all love her and are still sending good thoughts to her family no matter where this thread is.

Dekka

Just try me..
I think we all love her and are still sending good thoughts to her family no matter where this thread is.
Very true. I was just telling someone about her the other day. But thanks for asking Eddie.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
My opinion is that it can be anyplace. I'll let it be for now. We have a bunch of stickies here, but some are "seasonal" and will go away after Christmas.

Thanks guys and above all...

We Miss You Nilly!!!!

Members online