Thunder Fear Increasing???

Doberluv

I definitely try this, to kind of condition him. But once the booms get loud enough, he doesn't care about even the highest value food anymore. :(

Also, he can very easily tell the difference between real thunder and thunder from a TV show or CD. Are these CD's made to be more "realistic", perhaps? I just know that I can have my surround sound up pretty loud on my TV and if there's loud lightening and thunder on the movie/show I'm watching - he could care less and sleeps through it.
That can definitely be the case JM. My dogs can tell the difference between TV and real-life thunder. But Jose` doesn't seem to get the difference between real-life dogs and horses and TV dogs and horses. LOL. He totally growls and grumbles at TV dogs....actually more so than real life ones. :D

But I have heard of other dogs where that CD and the gradual conditioning have helped. So, I would think it's worth a try. I would see if there's any "guarantee" so you can get your money back if it doesn't help. I imagine the CD could be expensive. But I don't know for sure.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I just wanted to update that I bought Peanut a thundershirt and it's working. He's not as nervous and not shaking uncontrollable when storms come. He actually loves the thundershirt and looks cute in it. It's definitely worth a try for those with pets having problems dealing with the weather.

Didn't read through this thread, but I would like to add on the tight tee shirt front, although the thundershirt never did anything for Enda's sound sensitivity, Noods became a thunder phob little over a year after we brought him here. I bought this shirt for him at Target just because I though it was adorably fitting, and what do you know? The $2.50 shirt actually helps him during storms. Not saying it'll work for everyone, but it's worth a cheap try if you've got a smaller dog (there's always small up to medium size doggie tee's on the sale rack at our Petsmart!).

Members online

No members online now.