Foster dogs you wish you'd kept?

Saeleofu

I wish I or my parents had kept Ranchero. Gavroche ADORED him and even AJ got along with him eventually. My mom especially will say every couple of months that she wishes she would have taken him. I don't even really like chihuahuas in general, but i really liked him.

Brattina88

Wally x 10000000 :D

There's something about Wally that I was crazy about from the minute that I met him (everybody who met him loved him lol) - when I heard about him I thought, meh just another foster, and I wasn't too crazy about the name. But when I met him it was like <3 !!!! And he was HUGE, not shaped like a cocker very well and just a big ol lump of love :lol-sign:
Wally was brought to the rescue after being turned into a high kill shelter.. severly matted so he had to be completely shaved down, and then when he was pulled (his wonderful temperament REALY saved him for the people to contact the rescue) he tested positive for HW :(
He came to me after he successfuly finished HW treatment

Wally was the easiest foster ever... Having him was almost like having novicane, he fit right in and was like having another limb, he was very well behaved. His presense calmed me, very very mellow for as young as he is. First impression, yes he was a very dopey dog. Not the dog you'd picture me with at all :rofl1: But OMG I wanted him so bad. And even more, Maddie was CRAZY about him - and she rarely EVER gets excited about other dogs...
...and I didn't realize how much I loved him and didn't want to live without him, until it was pretty much too late. And then I didn't have the heart to say anything, because he LOVED kids (one of those easy dogs who loves everyone) and I didn't want to take him away from his kids, or the other way around... and I knew that would be the end of fostering if I did (personal limit)

Looking back, I'd say I am glad because if I'd gotten him I would've never gotten Bailey (could use that calming presense now! LOL)... but I miss him tons, think about him ALL the time, but I take comfort in the fact that he has a perfect family, and his own kids ;)

SpringerLover

I have a feeling I'm going to say "I wish Stryker was a foster failure," when the time comes but the time is not right for me, right now.

It's darn hard to be detached from a dog needing so much work.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
These two boys. Their names were Lucky and Jack, and while they weren't technically fosters, I was at the rescue twice a week for several months, and I got to know them really well. They had been there since 8 weeks old apparently, and know one will adopt them. They still haven't been adopted :( They are just GOOD dogs. Yes, they chew. Okay, so they chew anything and everything in sight, whatever :p They relaxed really quickly, but still liked to play. I really hope they get the home they deserve soon.

Waldina. Girl version of Waldo. She wasn't a foster either, but she was a lost dog we kept for a week because her owners were stupid. Its a long story, seriously. She was an awesome dog though, just so much fun. Suzie even liked her, which was a huge plus. I really wish we could have been all illegal and hid her, but sadly that's bad :( I really miss her still though

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I have a feeling I'm going to say "I wish Stryker was a foster failure," when the time comes but the time is not right for me, right now.

It's darn hard to be detached from a dog needing so much work.
Buy a house. Keep Stryker.

Honestly, what could possibly be hard about that? :p

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The only foster we had was Ada and I'm glad I didn't keep her. I cried when she left but I realize we did not match each other well at all. She's great in her new home though so that's wonderful!

At the shelter there were tons of dogs I loved. One in particular I would've taken. Not my typical dog by any means. She was kind of fat and older, very very calm and just lived for tummy scratches. I never figured out her breeds. My best guess would be random herding mix- maybe ACD x Aussie x lab? But man she was homely looking lol. She was all blue merle but not a pretty merle, just very muddied up and dirty looking. She was stocky and her ears went every which way. she did have one very striking blue eye. She stayed in the shelter for MONTHS. No one seemed interested at all, I have no idea why. She was such an easy going, sweet dog. One of the vet techs finally adopted her after the entire staff and volunteers fell in love with her. We'd always try to make sure people visiting got to meet her, hoping someone would take her home.

Saeleofu

I also wish I had kept Brr, the stray cat I took in. I have no idea what happened to him. He was by all mean feral, but he was different - he was definitely someone's pet once upon a time. I had to take him to the Humane Society when I was forced to moved with hardly any notice last year. He was an older cat, had almost no teeth, but was the sweetest thing in the world. I realistically couldn't keep a cat long-term, sicne Gavroche tries to eat them. My guess is he was either adopted by the person that did his intake (she was obviously in love with him) or he was pulled by one of the local cat recues, however I can't be sure (The cat rescues ONLY pull from the humane society, there is no other way to get them into the rescue). There was a cat named Oz that was adopted before the picture could ever get put on the website - I halfway wonder if someone caught my reference with his name and renamed him something more appealing to the general public lol.

Also if *I* had kept Ranchero I could not have got Logan. And I NEEDED Logan, even though I didn't know about him specifically at the time. I just knew I needed an SD candidate.

Although not a foster, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if I had picked Amos over Logan. I do think I picked the right dog - he's such an awesome match. But I can't help but wonder.

Teal

...ice road...
I wish things had been different and that I had been able to keep Fairin. She found her absolute perfect home, after I fostered her for a year. I still think about her quite often, and it's been several years since she was adopted. She was the perfect bully breed - ROCK SOLID with people, playful with other dogs but wouldn't back down from a challenge. Truly an amazing dog...

None of them ;) LOL but here are some pictures just for fun.

Layla - a full time and daily overtime working family decided to aquire a Boxer puppy because their friends puppy was perfect. They got her from someone in the newspaper classifieds. After the first day they came home and in attempt to get out of her crate after hours of being in it, Layla had ripped out all of her teeth and had completely ripped her face open. She had seperation anxiety and was also VERY stubborn. But she was such a wiggly sweetheart, I do miss her, she was such a character.
Layla then...

And after having her for a while...

Bales, who recently was PTS due to increasingly bad seizures. RIP sweetie.

Molly ended up having to be PTS due to her unpredictability and inability to be placed.

Elly remains very happy in her home with my uncle hunting and constantly playing fetch.

Jake, who, as you can see in this picture, was VERY fearful after spending one full year of his life in a garage covered in feces and urine by himself. In this picture he was scared of the camera.

And just two more dogs.

Samwise

Jindo, the first dog I ever posted on Chaz about. He was a stray at a campground who would get into people's things at night. One night I was sitting at the campfire and he came up behind me and started to eat my hotdog off my lap. After that I bribed him with hot dogs, he had an imbedded choke chain and was fearful of people but got better. For some reason, despite him being so 'rebellious', I miss him more than all the others.
The first night...

And after...his hair oddly remained gray from the choke chain for a very long time.

Members online