whats the most amount of $$$$...

joce

Our ballinese was 200 and our siamese was 150 or 125. My grandma ended up stealing my balinese though like a month after we got her. her siamese died and that was the only cat that would talk to her like he did :) I want one of those kitties with short little legs but they cost a ton and I cna't find a lot of info on them.

luvmydogs

joce said:
Our ballinese was 200 and our siamese was 150 or 125. My grandma ended up stealing my balinese though like a month after we got her. her siamese died and that was the only cat that would talk to her like he did :) I want one of those kitties with short little legs but they cost a ton and I cna't find a lot of info on them.
ohhh the munchins/ they looks like midgets.lol i think u can go to gotpets.com and find out, i'm not sure

luvmydogs

i was just wonderinf if cats are like dogs, i mean breeding, show etc....i alwayas had stray or free kittens...but i had gone into that cat forum, and they act like their cats cost 1000's of $$$

Fran27

The breeders I know in France are about $500-600. I paid $750 for my Siamese on an impulsive buy at a petshop while i was getting food for my chinchillas 4 years ago... That store is really overpriced, with some cats going for $1200+... It was a lot of money but I love her so much that I don't care.

Melissa_W

hmmmm...

I don't mean this in a bad way, but why would anyone pay for a cat? There are so many to adopt. And cats don't really come with any baggage like a dog can, do they?

Fran27

Same reason lots of people pay for dogs - looks and temperament. Cats do have different temperaments depending on their breed.

joce

Yep,we go to the cat show they hold by us every year and drool over the cats. I will not bring an adult cat into my house seeing how every time we have its peed everywhere so if I want soemhting specific I would go to a breeder. If I ever get another one it'll be a maine coon. I love big cats!

we have gotten most of our cats from peoples barns or that show up at the house but if they are older they become barn cats. My dott was from some kid at my high school who was laughing about one of his barn cats kittens dying :confused: So I drove him home and ordered him to put all the kittens in my car but we could only catch one and while she is a nutt she is one of my favorite kitties ever. I got the siamese because i wanted one just like my grandmas that would talk to me and was just like hers and he was. the siamese and balineese were actually my FFA project my freshmen year.

What I can't figure out about the munchkins is ,should they be bred. Is it like a puggle or soemthing in the cat world. I only ask because I have never seen one at a cat show yet I think the big cat registery registers them.

Saje

Island dweller
Mitsy and Molly were ten bucks each at the shelter. Saved their lives too! And Mini was free. My landlord had the mom.

Fran27

My sister has two Norwegian Forest Cats... They're huge, beautiful and have the sweetest characters. I love Maine Coons too, but the breed has also suffered a lot from irresponsible breeders.

I'm not sure I would go see a breeder if I was to get another cat though. But I don't think I would get a dog there either. There are just too many adorable cats, kittens and dogs in shelters.

Sheba

I W A L R
LEA said:
i think the most money i evr spent on a cat was a free cat
same...ours were terrified!They lived with a dog, which they hated.The people had a very big house, but the cats were only alowed on the floor!Not the bed, not the couch, noy the windowsills...

luvmydogs

Munchkins owe their short legs to a naturally-occurring genetic mutation, and not from human manipulation. The gene responsible for the breed's short legs has been likened to the same one that gives Dachsunds and Welsh Corgis their diminutive stature. However, since the spine of a cat is physically different from that of a dog, Munchkins do not suffer spinal problems sometimes associated with those canine breeds.But to me, they still don't look right...http://home.alltel.net/penhaven/penny6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.