Spectator?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Can I go to a trial just to watch? There's one at the end of the month here, and we're not ready yet... but I want to watch and see how it goes before I show up at a trial totally clueless! Plus some of Auggie's relatives will be there (including the dog I initially liked from the litter photos) so I'm kinda excited to meet them again. =>
I know you can volunteer to help out but I can't be there all day on either of the dates (it's Sat & Sun), so I can't this time. Booo.

Second question... can Auggie go as a spectator?

Does it depend on the event/club?

otch1

Absolutely! It's a great idea to go watch an actual competition. Generally, you shouldn't bring your own dog in as a spectator, if he's not entered. This is allowed or disallowed by the club hosting the event though, so best to find out first by going on line and looking up the rules for this particular show. How exciting you get to see some of Auggies relatives. Make sure you bring your camera!

adojrts

Hi, is this an agility trial?? One thing to consider is whether the trial is indoors or not. Most places don't allow dog spectators at indoor venues where space is *usually* limited. It also depends on the club and their rules.
Outdoor agility trials are often different, lots of room and they usually allow people with their dogs as long as the dog isn't aggressive and is behaved etc.
I only go to one sanctioned indoor agility trial that doesn't allow spectators (very limited space). Most allow it and even encourage it. But again check the rules if you can.

Take care
Lynn

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's outside on grass with two fenced rings... looks like one is standard and the other is JWW. They have an indoor ring too, but since it's still April and should be nice out I guess they're planning to be outside - the trial with the same club (and same location) in July will be inside instead. Probably because it'll be wayyyy too hot outside by then!
I've never been out to the location, but looking at the website, it's on five acres of land. They seem to have plenty of space, at least for human spectators!
http://dtccu.prairienet.org/pix4.htm
It looks cool! The "fence" is a little strange considering this is a permanent location, so I was expecting something a little more... well... permanent, LOL.

I looked all over the website for a clue but can't find anything. There's a phone number, but I think it's for calling to register... I think I'll just drop them an e-mail to make sure! That way they can always ignore me if I'm bugging them with a dumb question or something. =>

I'm excited! I know that two of his half-brothers will be there; I'd REALLY like to see his brother, but I don't know if they'll be there. I haven't seen Auggie's brother since the day I picked Auggie up - not even a photo! His breeder should be there though, and I always love to see her dogs. =>

Members online

No members online now.