The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Brian worked really late last night so while he is still sleeping Hannah and I are having a bedroom floor picnic and on round two of How the grinch stole Christmas :). I don't care that it's april... I love this movie :D

Toller_08

Talked to somebody yesterday who helped me relax a little and gave me some pointers on how to get my life going instead of being stuck in the overwhelmed rut I was in.

I now have some goals and hopefully attainable ones at that, and I feel like things are moving in a positive direction. It's still stressful and overwhelming, but I feel so much better about everything. I made myself a little point form list that keeps what I need to do a in less complicated, straightforward form rather than the jumbled mess my thoughts/brain want to make things lol. So next time I feel like the world is crashing, I can just refer back to it and know that it's not as big a deal as it seems in my head. My life would stay a lot less stressful if I'd just not over think everything!

In amongst this, still don't know where we'll be living, but I know it will work out and there is no cause for panic anymore. I have somewhere to go with my dogs if we can't find a house soon that will allow dogs (I am welcome to live with my Doberman breeder/friend). And even if it isn't ideal, oh well, because it's just temporary until we can find a better situation. But there is a decent house that we're waiting to hear about next week that could be excellent, so fingers crossed that works out. I have a good feeling about it!

But yeah, finally just feeling good about most things again and almost feeling back to my normal self. It feels good. :)

Oh, and I went driving again today and actually did pretty decently! I still think there's too much to watch for and look at, but that'll come with practice . And hopefully I'll be able to get my license by this summer so I can gain some better independence and do all the million dog things I want to do.

Saeleofu

I did my first real education program with the Zoo today! Minimum of 600 peoplee (possibly 2000+) in 4 30-minutes presentations. The two people with me had no idea it was my first time because I WAS GOOD ;) I had such a blast doing it, too. Now I want to kick myself for not applying to be an educator, since we're losing one of ours next week. There's always next time, but I also hope I get more education opportunities from here on out in my current position.

Saeleofu

I responded to a CL ad for cresties, because the person seemed to be a breeder and know what they're doing. I told her I don't want another right now, but I may be in the marker for a nice female soon. Turns out, not only are we in the same city, we're both on Pangea AND HAVE BEEN TALKING TO EACH OTHER. And to top it off...SHE WAS ALSO IN THE ZOO SCIENCE PROGRAM! Small, small world it is!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
One of my more recent favorite pairs of jeans fit again!

Progress! It's hard to see the changes visually, but the clothes fitting again definitely proves it.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Talked to somebody yesterday who helped me relax a little and gave me some pointers on how to get my life going instead of being stuck in the overwhelmed rut I was in.

I now have some goals and hopefully attainable ones at that, and I feel like things are moving in a positive direction. It's still stressful and overwhelming, but I feel so much better about everything. I made myself a little point form list that keeps what I need to do a in less complicated, straightforward form rather than the jumbled mess my thoughts/brain want to make things lol. So next time I feel like the world is crashing, I can just refer back to it and know that it's not as big a deal as it seems in my head. My life would stay a lot less stressful if I'd just not over think everything!

In amongst this, still don't know where we'll be living, but I know it will work out and there is no cause for panic anymore. I have somewhere to go with my dogs if we can't find a house soon that will allow dogs (I am welcome to live with my Doberman breeder/friend). And even if it isn't ideal, oh well, because it's just temporary until we can find a better situation. But there is a decent house that we're waiting to hear about next week that could be excellent, so fingers crossed that works out. I have a good feeling about it!

But yeah, finally just feeling good about most things again and almost feeling back to my

Oh, and I went driving again today and actually did pretty decently! I still think there's too much to watch for and look at, but that'll come with practice . And hopefully I'll be able to get my license by this summer so I can gain some better independence and do all the million dog things I want to do.

Like come visit me!!!

Grab

Bought Aesop a thundershirt with hopes that it will help dull his reactivity to strange dogs and allow him to focus on the training we've done. We've been working on the issue for about two years, with back and forth success. After putting the shirt on, we had the calmest walk we've had in a year. He still showed interest, because it is not a magic cloth;), but he was able to focus and respond to the things we've worked on over many months.

It was so nice to be able to enjoy a walk without worrying about your pants being ripped (he redirects).

He did react to our neighbor dog, because he hates him with all his being, but he called off the fence and came inside right away.

Hurray :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Bought Aesop a thundershirt with hopes that it will help dull his reactivity to strange dogs and allow him to focus on the training we've done. We've been working on the issue for about two years, with back and forth success. After putting the shirt on, we had the calmest walk we've had in a year. He still showed interest, because it is not a magic cloth;), but he was able to focus and respond to the things we've worked on over many months.

It was so nice to be able to enjoy a walk without worrying about your pants being ripped (he redirects).

He did react to our neighbor dog, because he hates him with all his being, but he called off the fence and came inside right away.

Hurray :)
YAYYYY! That is awesome! If you ever need to go into situations that require a little extra oomph, I adore our Calming Cap.

chaospony

My new foster pup made his flight! I was so paranoid he would miss it.
Now we just need to find transport from Montreal to Kingston in the next week. Can't wait to meet him!

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I finally met this guy I found through a dating site in person, and it actually went really well (I didn't even throw up OR have a panic attack!). He asked me out :D and he is CUTE! Majorly cute.

Erhmagherd, I actually met a guy I like. This is big for me. LOL

Members online

No members online now.