baths for beagle

poodlesmom

Bathing your pup so often isn't usually recommended. It tends to dry out their skin by removing the necessary oils.

When you do bathe him use a very mild puppy shampoo or baby shampoo & make sure you rinse it out completely.

My dogs only get a bath about every 8 wks or so when they go to get clipped unless they get into something that won't brush out when they dry. Before I had my standard poodles my other dogs were bathed less frequently than that.

You can go to the pet store - I believe they carry some type of wipe that you can use just to freshen your furpal.:)

Your pup is a real cutie!:)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
you are very likely to dry out your dog's skin by bathing that often. keep in mind that every time you use shampoo, the natural protective skin oils are removed.

thank you poodlesmom.

what does the natural protective skin oils do, i mean what is it for mordy?
and what if he starting to get his doggy smell?

poodlesmom

Being a puppy he is not going to want to sit still for a long period of time. Start by doing some light brushing for a couple of minutes at a time. In fact a good time to do it is after a really good play session when he is a little tired and might enjoy just cuddling on your lap and having a relaxing brush.:)

Julie

I am back again.
phuongtran919 said:
how do you get your pup to stay still so you can brush him w/o him trying to run away?
Just relax...Maybe you should just give the pup a rest for a while. With that many baths, just start the brushing once every couple days.

Dogs are really pretty clean animals, unless of course they roll in something stinky. :eek:

Just take your time, and it will be fine.

My dogs love being brushed, they never really did run when trying to brush them.

But if I were you, just take it slow and easy. Too much of anything will be annoying to the dog.

Best Wishes,
Julie.

Members online

No members online now.