"Um, I have a ball to catch" (PIC HEAVY)

S

Squishy22

Awesome action shots :D Gorgeous as always.

Reggin you could also try underexposing a stop or two. I underexpose a lot of my photos. Especially if I am shooting something white on a sunny day.
Ok, now I need to figure out how you do that. Gosh, its kind of embarrassing not knowing much about my camera and I've had it for months. :eek:

Saje

Island dweller
you know what the aperture and shutter speed is? either use a faster shutter speed (higher number) or a slower aperture (higher number). So if your light reading came as f8 and 1/80 seconds you could try using f10 or 1/100 seconds. Or both! See how that works.

Dekka

Just try me..
I always try to err on the side of under exposing. That way in pp you can brighten it up a bit. Over exposed is more of an issue because you have actually 'lost' the detail in the blown out highlights and you can't fix that in pp.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Thanks, Saje!

Reggin, that also reminds me...
Use your Active D-lighting when shooting in the sun.
It'll allow you to keep at least some of the detail in blown highlighted areas...I believe.

S

Squishy22

you know what the aperture and shutter speed is? either use a faster shutter speed (higher number) or a slower aperture (higher number). So if your light reading came as f8 and 1/80 seconds you could try using f10 or 1/100 seconds. Or both! See how that works.
Yes, I do know what that is, I just have to figure out how to change it. I'm thinking its the little dial? I've messed with that before, but didnt really know what I was doing at the time. lol. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. :)

S

Squishy22

Thanks, Saje!

It'll allow you to keep at least some of the detail in blown highlighted areas...I believe.
Ok, thanks. Now I need to go outside for a little experiment with my camera.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Okay, Ella has the best pittie ears ever. :D
She's gorgeous.

ETA: What camera and lens dis you use for these pics?

R

RedyreRottweilers

Red, what kind of camera do you use? If you dont mind me asking. I've always thought your pics came out great also.
oh, I have a couple of very cheap point and shoot digitals. Old. Very not good.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I really like your pics, Red! Point and shoot or not, you get some great shots!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Thanks!
I used the 50mm f1.8 for these.
But, when lighting permits, I really like my 55-200mm lens.

And, Red, I enjoy your shots as well.:D

R

RedyreRottweilers

ty's everyone.

I love taking photos of dogs, and have thought of it as a livlihood if I could just ever afford a decent camera. :D

Maybe one of these days.

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks, Saje!

I don't think the d40 has Active D Lighting? Does it? Isn't that what Reggin has? I thinkt he d60 d300 and some of the other pro cameras do. I think... :eek:

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I don't think the d40 has Active D Lighting? Does it? Isn't that what Reggin has? I thinkt he d60 d300 and some of the other pro cameras do. I think... :eek:
oh! I don't know! I guess I just assumed that it did since I didn't think the D40 and D60 differed with that option.
If she has it, it'll be in her menu.

well, you have a D40, right?
Does yours have it?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Holy cow!!!!!

Those are amazing, gorgeous pictures. It helps that Ella is insanely ripped, and just the cutest. ; ) I see you have mastered that camera!

Oh... I got the leads, btw. I love them! = D I will get pictures and such soon. And I'll be ordering one more, in a bit.

Saje

Island dweller
oh! I don't know! I guess I just assumed that it did since I didn't think the D40 and D60 differed with that option.
If she has it, it'll be in her menu.

well, you have a D40, right?
Does yours have it?
I've never seen it. lol You're going to make me look aren't you? lol

Members online