Anybody know anything about Husky's or Goldens?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I've had a golden, and they're absolutely wonderful. I don't think you can get much better than a golden for a family pet.

thanks, I thought they would be great pets. From watching the movie air bud and homeward bound I've always wanted one.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Huskies shed a lot, but are really sweet! They are also not good offleash! They aren't reliable enough.

Aww I really like huskies as well.
Has anyone ever told you that ur clown is scary? Lol not to get on ur clown but clows just freak me out a little.

Melissa_W

A friend of mine has 3 huskies and one husky/lab mix. They have a TON of energy, but they are really sweet. They kinda run the house, but I think that's just because David is a big softie.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
DoggyLuva1128 said:
Aww I really like huskies as well.
Has anyone ever told you that ur clown is scary? Lol not to get on ur clown but clows just freak me out a little.
Huskies are really great! Don't get me wrong I love the breed, but they do shed a lot and are known to roam. So off-leash times aren't a good idea and it's a good idea to have a fenced yard since they are known to be good escape artists. But they generally LOVE people!! Big sweethearts! lol :p

Oh thanks!! I thought it was scary too! :D lol

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
DoggyLuva1128 said:
lol aww that's a cutie. Yup it's scary, he reminds me of this clown movie called "it"
LOL I've seen that Stephen King movie and I liked it! lol :D That's (the clown in my avatar) actually a picture of the clown in the living room.....it's especially freaky when you sleep on the couch! :eek: :cool:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I have had a purebreed husky and a husky mix. Husky's shed A LOT (as previously stated). I had to swept and vacuum ATLEAST once a day with my husky. As also previously stated they are not trusthworthy at all off leash (in my opinion). Some may seem really good at first off leash but once they get out there and know that you don't have the leash on to control them they get a mind of their own. They are good at digging and mine was also good at opening gates as well. They can bark A LOT when left alone, which may make neighbors a little mad. My husky barked the whole time we were gone, and our husky mix barked anytime he could not see us. I also tend to think they may be a little hard to housebreak, seeing as my two were never completely housebroken and trustworthy. I love husky's and always thought about having one but they require a lot of attention and care that I can not provide for one right now.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm no expert, but I would assume huskies need PLENTY of exercise and stimulation?

goldens

a golden would be a great family pet, they are really good around kids. we used to have one when i was little and she was the best! the only thing about them, i would say, is to keep up on the brushing because the long hair will matt if not kept brushed. and huskies definately shed a ton! at work, when one comes in that i have to do, you should see the bathing area after i dry them! there is hair ALL OVER the place. they are double coated, so they shed a lot. anyway, if you have kids i would say get a golden!

garyluer

Gentle Ben
Golden's are loyal, loving, and somewhat clownish if given the opportunity. I love them! With children I doubt there is a better dog. For protection or as a watch dog however, you better think of a different breed as, for the most part, they're abysmal failures in that department.

I've also had a purebred Siberian husky. They have the blue eyes and look "wolfish," however, Angel was very gentle to a fault. But they do shed. In one brushing I'd pull a shopping bag of hair from her. Walking her was an experience also especially if she got it in her mind to go somewhere I didn't want to go. They're working dogs and need LOTS of exercise.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
I own a husky, and shedding yes, off leash I dont have to much of a problem, but with any dog if there are others there to play with they will play. I brush her daily and sweep daily but they are one of the most lovable animals I have ever came accross. Izzy is my lover (well Nalla is to) but she will just lay there with me for hours on end, not moving, just lay in my lap (now she thinks she is a lap dog, she really has another thing coming) and she adores daddy (hubby) it is like she is lovestruck, he comes home and she will just look at him and grin :)

bubbatd

Having owned Goldens for over 60 years, that's my vote. As to matting... I really don't groom mine as often as I should and don't have matting. Also, mine would never be aggressive , but did bark when alerted to strangers. The BEST with other dogs and children !! Being popular today , a GOOD breeder is a must...or a rescue , so you can judge the temperment.

anna

I have owned goldens as do many friends. They are loving, gentle, trainable, smart and beautiful! They also shed, have lots and lots and lots of energy when they are young and need to to be trained to be polite household members. They often like to chew, in other words they are canines who start life as puppies! My last two goldens were adopted from rescue and their first family got them because their kids wanted a dog "like airbud" and did not realize what they were getting into!

Members online

No members online now.