should i?!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
should i take ruby with me to doggy daycare again today? or should i just start with once a week?

i dont want to push her too hard, but she had no negative responces yesterday, she was just a little scared...
and i dont want her to "forget" i will admit ruby seems to have a mind like a seive lol, she can be best buds with someone one day and forget she knows them and be super shy around them the next so i dont want her to "forget" and slip back in any progress she makes each visit.

thoughts? ideas?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'd go ahead and take her back today, then maybe give her a break tomorrow, then do the next day. Something like that.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
dunno if id say she had fun, but she wasnt terrified either lol.

i think ill take her again today, and then in the future will probably take her monday/wednesday (they're the "quiet days" for some reason tues/thurs are crazy! lol)
(i dont work thus-sun currently)

thanks guys :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's how it was at our place! Tuesdays were nuts, Thursday not as bad and then Fridays were insane. My guess is that people were trying to wear the dogs out a bit more so they could sleep in on Saturday and then go do stuff with them, then by Tuesday the dog was ready for a good romping session again.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
yeah, today is much quieter, which is nice...she seems to be doing better...shes sniffing more and actually wandering off (only for a few seconds) out of sight, she even whent potty today here (yesterday she held it 9 1/2 hours...)
her tails not as tightly tucked and she definatly doesnt seem as tense, though she is shaking, but a couple dogs are and shes nekkid so im thinking shes a tad cold...
so i put a thick blankie in one of the beds and she curled up in there a while...then a golden climbed in with her and i expected her to jump out but no, she stayed in there with him...
seems to be going well :D

Tuesdays and Thursdays are crazy at my place too. Interesting . . .

Bring her on the quieter days and keep her schedule exactly the same until she gets used to the place. Does your daycare allow dogs to drop in all willy nilly or is it more of a regimented schedule? We've found that the more of a schedule our dogs keep the easier the dogs are to deal with as a whole. They get used to their packs and knowing their schedules can be very comforting for a dog who may be a little fearful.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
its a little willy nilly but not super crazy, drop of is between 7 and 9am then again between 12-2pm...pick up prettymuch anytime after 12pm but most go home between 3pm and 6pm, then theres the straglers/latch key dogs here till almost close.

shes definatly doing much better today, exploring and even some tail wagging lol!
she loves the bed i set up for her, i think shes a lil chill but i have to keep the door to the yard open so i upped the heat to 68...shes not the only one whos cold so i dont feel so bad doing it lol.
i think im gonna try bringing her every mon and weds, tues is a long shift as i get here at 1:30 and dont leave till 9:30 almost 10pm...i think it was a little too long for her last night, but she did get some taco bell for dinner as a treat :p (she LOVES taco bell (only gets the tortilla and a little meat as its sooo greasy!))

then once shes used to it and realy happy...mabe then ill start bringin her on tuesdays too!
i think the tuesday crowd might have been a little much for her.

wishbone

Wow what an improvement, it is because she got better tasty stuff on her launch box?! :)

Hope she will going to show more and perform well on more crowd.

Members online

No members online now.