I caught him!!!! (Stray)

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Ok last night it was still raining alittle but I saw that big red bum under my shed and knew he was there. I walked outside and noticed he was shivering and soaking wet. I looked under the shed and he kinda backed away. so i went inside and got a nice big chunk of beef and held it in my hand so he could see it. I decided i would try and coax him into the summer kennels first i ran really quick to the bark and grabed a few flaks of straw and put into into one of the clean dog houses (outdoor kennels) then I threw the peice of beef into one of the pens and walked up onto the deck to watch (which is pretty close to the summer kennels). He barely even faltered and when straight into the kennel and into the dog house to eat the chunk of beef. I walk fast but quietly to the kennel and he only caught on the last second when i shut the kennel door. I was in shock that i actually caught him! He at this pont was racning around the kennel and putting his paws up on the sides whining and digging a bit but the bottoms of the pens are wood so he can't dig out. Even though he was panicking he wasent being vicouse so i went and got two extra bowls from the kitchen filled one with water and put a quick pureaed mix of meat and veggies not a whole lot just something and warmed it. I slide the bowls in under the slats in the cage and he seemed to be more interested at that point in eating the warm purea i made for him then escaping.

This morning when i got up he was curled up in his straw bed in the kennel both bowls empty. Its been a nice day today warmer then yesterday i fed him when i fed the others earlier and will feed him more today just small meals though. Through out the day he's pretty much lounged around the kennel wagging his tail at the passing by dogs. I truly think he is much more food driven at this point and the kennel is rather large for him (one used for bitches with pups in outside adventures). He runs away and either hide in or behind his dog house or cowers in the corner. He is a older guy he moves a bit like he has some arthritus and he has some gray on his muzzle but other then that is a brilliant red and black with some white on his chest and brown eyes. Im not calling animal control simply because i know I can give him longer time to rehabilitate him and find him the right home he already passed my one test would he be vicouse in his pen and he wasent. Im not going to mess with him personally for awhile just feed and water him talk to him and stuff like that. And hopefully all will go well :) . Just thought i would share in the good news.

Saje

Island dweller
That is good news! And exciting news! You've had a bit of an adventure. :) I'm glad you caught him. I know he'll be safe and comfy with you. He was probably a bit panicked at first after being caught but I'm sure he'll settle down.

bonster

Disappointed :(
Brilliant! The shelter where i got Bonnie from had a local stray that was really hard to catch, and they sort of 'caught' him -- leaving a kennel food and water for him outside. That's as far as it ever got I think, I guess he's probably still there as a 'doorman' - they called him "Jack at the gate" or "Outside Jack"!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HHHHHHOOOOORRRRRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Go LUV4TS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well done you!! I wish there were more people like you!!! And yeah post some pics please!

avenlee

LOL Pits, you something else! These strays must have homing pigeons or something to let all the strays know where to go. That would make a good cartoon actually or children's story!

Good for you!

bogolove

You are so great! I wish I had the space and capabilities to take in stray animals like that. You are so wonderful and compassionate!

That's great news! I know you've been fretting about him for quite some time now. Poor ol' fellow.

I wonder how he ended up on his own, and how long he's been out there all alone.

He's a lucky pup to have found his way to your door, Pits.

Rose's Gal

YAY!!!!! :D That is sooooooooooo awsome!! I'm really glad you where able to catch him and I hope he rebounds soon!!! :D

You know, we really need to concentrate hard on a big-hearted, good humored, kind, fun, intelligent, fascinating, energetic, loyal, young single vet moving up to Pits neck of the woods and falling madly in love with her. That would solve a lot of vet bills for her stray critters! It wouldn't hurt if her were devastatingly handsome either; nothing but the pick of the litter for our Pits!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hows he doing? Im all ears and eyes..well maybe soon to be EARS and eyes..

Members online

No members online now.