Old Christmas Traditions

Doberluv

When I was a kid, every Christmas Eve my Dad would read Charles Dickens Christmas Carrol out loud. We'd all sit downstairs in our family room with the fire going in the fireplace. I didn't know what was going on for the most part and my mind would wander. But I remember sitting there. Not once could he get through the whole thing....not in all those years. He'd choke up too much to go on. And he was NOT the type to get all emotional about anything...never cried. My Mom would tear all up. But that really got to my Dad. It was all very quiet in the room except for his reading. And then he'd stop about half way through and put the book aside. I didn't get what was going on at all until I got older. LOL

Doberluv

I went to my daughter's over the week end and we heard a loud speaker all the way at her apartment coming from the water, which is a half block away. It was the Christmas ship! The Argosy sight seeing boat all decked out with some fabulous choir singing carols. I've been on the Argosy, just not for this. They anchored out there for about 20 minutes. There were other Xmas boats all around...all lit up. So fun. They make their way around Puget Sound all over the place on different nights. It has been a tradition for a long time. But one we never managed to be around when it was happening. You can buy tickets and go on the boat too. Maybe next year.

Another Xmas tradition I use to do when I was a kid was drive all around looking at Xmas lights. My daughter and I do this most years when I'm at her place in Seattle. It's pretty neat. One place down the road from her is spectacular. Maybe I can find a picture of it online. I took pictures one year, but don't know if I still have them.

Now, will somebody tell me what is a krampus parade?

Members online

No members online now.