Another brag :)

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I got a call at work today from Matt, because he had something to share with me.

He asked me "Do you hear that?" regarding the sound of frantically barking dogs in the background.

I said "Yes, what is that?"

He replied "It's NOT Sierra!"

There were dogs, barking their faces off at Sierra from inside a car parked at our building (in the driveway right next to her), and she merely grumbled a little (and bristled) but looked to Matt for cues and with some happy talk and praise she settled right down and sat promptly on the grass.

He called me, and while we were on the phone (with the dogs still FREAKING out at her) she relaxed so much that she casually started eating grass.

*throws a dance party*

I am SO excited about this! I only wish I'd been there to see it!! He didn't even have any treats with him, since they were just out for a pee break, so this was such a HUGE step for her!!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Thanks guys :D

No miracles Bax, just lots of hard HARD work. And we're no where near perfect. We have milestones like this that make me SO incredibly proud of her, but then I'll take her for a walk and we have an hour made up of frustration and disaster. It still happens, it's just happening less often and it's becoming much more manageable overall, and things like today give me the hope that we're well on our way.

Members online

No members online now.