Sneezing

Husky626

My dog have been sneezing a bunch lately. I don't know why, but it seems like he has something stuck in his nose. Is it allergies?? Sometimes he would snort and sneeze a the sametime. My mom claims that he seems like he has short breath while trying to snort out something. Sorry for the limited of information, but does anyone have a clue what is going on?? I appreicate all the help.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This may be a knee-jerk reaction, but have you boarded your dog recently or exposed him to a large number of other dogs? There is that new dog flu going around and runny noses and sneezing are two of the symptoms.

Or it could be "simple" kennel cough or allergies. You might want to take him to the vet just to check.

Husky626

is the dog flue unsafe?? Does it need to be treated immediately? My dog have been expose to many dogs within that last 1 week. Looks like my dog does have the dog flu with running nose and sneezing. Any "at home" solution we can do with the dog flu?? Thank you

Athebeau

It sounds simular to reverse sneezing to me. With reverse sneezing (my dogs have had this happen...sometimes when stressed)....the dog seems to snort and sneeze multiple times and extends it's head while going through this. It almost seems as if the dog has something caught in his nose. Each episode can last for a few seconds up to a minute. If it were kennel cough it would be a dry hacking cough.
It could be something simple such as reverse sneezing, but, as zoom mentioned with this new flu virus going around it's always best to have your dog looked at by your Vet. Make sure you go in to let the receptionist know your there and leave your dog outside until the Vet or receptionist says it's OK to bring the dog in. With highly contagious diseases some Vets (mine at least...) will make sure the lobby is completely free of dogs and they can clean up and disinfect the waiting area before another dog comes in ;)
Good luck

Members online