UPDATE: Natural Balance Venison -- Contains Melamine

Kathy29

"Recent laboratory results show that the products contain melamine. We believe the source of the melamine is a rice protein concentrate. Natural Balance has confirmed this morning that some production batches of these products may contain melamine."

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/press_release.html

I just did some research on MELAMINE and apparently ingestion of this chemical substance can cause kidney stones, cancer, or reproductive damage.

Jemma's been on this food for about a year and a half now. Should I be concerned? Should I bring her into the vet to get any tests done? :confused:

showpug

You will want to switch foods obviously and maybe have your vet run a chemistry panel just to be sure there is no organ damage. :(

Kathy29

Luckily, I changed her over to Fromm's Duck and Sweet Potato yesterday as soon as I heard about the recall. I'll book her in to see the vet now, too.

I wonder how long this has been going on for?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i would take your dog in. i took ruckus in and he was only on it for a month. and his urinalysis showed too much protein in urine, low ph, and many red and white blood cells.
NOT good

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i have cooked for him since.
with little idea what i am doing, but thats better than feeding him poison (dog food)

Herschel

Members online

No members online now.