New Member / New Dog

Hello all! Friday I adopted a dog from a rescue that I had seen posted on Facebook late on Christmas. It has been several years since I have had a dog and I'm sure there are things to learn. I have been active with cat rescue and have 6 cats. So far the introduction has gone better than I could ever have hoped. Sandy is my new dog (named for the dog that went to live with Daddy Warbucks with Annie). The rescue's vet said he is between 6-7 years old but I am wondering if he could be older. I am also wondering if he is able to hear. Not that it would matter as far as keeping him, he is now a member of the family and will stay here no matter what. He was found in Virginia dragging a metal chain that was imbedded into his neck. They think he wore down and damaged his teeth because he chewed the chain to get free. He is a VERY sweet boy, very gentle and trusting considering what he has probably been through in his life. Safe Harbor Animal Rescue brought him here from Virginia and they are the ones who posted his picture on Facebook. He is about 40 lbs and a Shiba Inu mix. He was heartworm positive and was treated in late September. I have an appointment with my vet on Jan. 15th for a recheck.
I am happy to be a part of this community and look forward to meeting all of you and getting advise.

Members online

No members online now.