Help!

Red Chrome

I may or may not have the chance to get a Bloodhound puppy. I am considering humorously the prospect of one. Not sure what I'd do with it or anything but they are interesting to me. Any thoughts on them?

I have pretty much settled on another AST next year. But I like a lot of different breeds, a LOT. I like active drivey, almost insane dogs. lol Not sure I want 2 "pit bull" dogs at the same time.

Another breed that I am more seriously considering is a BRT, Black Russian Terrier. I really like them. I dogsat one for a week, have met others and LOVE their temperament. Very Terrier like. I am considering one of these instead of an AST.

Any thoughts experiences with either breed? Opinions? I like way too many breeds. :)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I love Bloodhounds...

...a friend's neighbor had a pair. They slobbered and bayed, but they were awesome and adorable.

I once watched a brave woman at an obedience trial compete with one...the entire time in the ring his nose did not come of the mat once :D

Red Chrome

I have always liked the bloodhounds. Neat dogs, the ones I have met at least. I like challenges and training a BH for OB would be entertaining. They aren't as crazy as the other dogs I have and would be a bit more laidback. We could do tracking or maybe even SAR. I just like them.

BRT are a favorite of mine. I love them. Very nice dogs. The health is a concern but I've found some good breeders that extensively health test.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I helped my friend raise her bloodhound puppy from when he was 8 weeks old.

Her bloodhound is now 2 years old and a big goof ball. I love him so much. He's full of energy, very smart, and so adorable.

He can be full of life running around, and then he also likes to lay in the backyard and just sniff the air & enjoy life!

Taqroy

I've heard they smell like corn chips..
We had one in class and his smell definitely reminded me of corn chips. I could deal with about everything bloodhound except the drool. Giving that dog treats was like sticking your hand in a slimy stinky cave. *shudders* He was way smart though - I pushed them really hard to take the next class so he could do shaping. Lol.

Red Chrome if you get a bloodhound we need MANY MANY pictures. :p

Not to be the negative nancy, but if they didn't make your list or finals in your discussion just a few weeks ago about what type of breed you were getting next year, and you settled on a different one, I assume you did so for a reason.

What suddenly jumps this to the head of the line over just a couple weeks ago and all that thought? you don't need to answer those questions to me, but I think you need to answer them for yourself.

Red Chrome

I did do so for a reason. I love ASTs. I don't know if I want to stick with them or branch out. I like a lot of different breeds. That's not saying I am running out to get one. In fact,after some thought,now isn't the time to add a Puppy nor am I the right fit for a BloodHound.

It really has come down to an AST or a BRT. Its a decision that wont be made lightly since my dogs are lifers with me,they have to fit well.

Members online

No members online now.