toxic plants

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Lost my parrot to a quarter inch bite out of the leaf of a lily of the valley pip I had purchase to plant the next day. It changed the electricity of his brain causing him to go into grand mal seizures. Mary dog goes for plant matter when she has a sour stomach, if she is in the house she will aim for house plants. I have read lists like that to make sure I am never going to lose one again to ignorance. Thanks for posting.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Thanks for this info; I'm sending a copy of all of my friends and family.

for_dogs_sake

Hannibal and Ralphies Mom
I just thought that i would add cocoa mulch too.
A lot of people use it on their gardens but it is exactly like chocolate!
It also contains theobromine which is fatal to dogs. In a sense it could be worse than chocolate as milk chocolate isn't quite as toxic as dark/cooking choc or cocoa and the mulch is made up of the cocoa beans.

Be safe

Megan

wilford

Well, in my case..The plants become savaged and tortured as my new pet labrador arrived in the house..My mom even told me to put him in a cage but I refuse to, because all her plants were really tortured since the time Larry, my pet labrador arrived..:popcorn:

sarge

Just a pup
Great site. I have a number of those plants around my house and I didn't even know they were a danger.

Great information....may post this on my site, although I dont know too many dogs that eat plants unless they are sick or it has crap near it :)

nica

Happy dogs expert
thanks for these precious info.....also, some things to share about regular foods stuff we human eat but not for dogs...
e.g. night shades vegetables (tomatoes, capsicans, etc), onions.
chocolates are NO NO. very toxic to their liver!

westbella

Thanks for this info. I love to garden and am shocked at how many poisonous plants I have - I'll have to keep a good eye on little Bella. The only thing she seems interested in chewing on is grass - hope it stays that way or the garden will have to be changed!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Good info to have. We lost our little 3 month old puppy to an unknown poisonous vine a long time ago. I hope this helps prevent someone else from suffering that loss.

Members online

No members online now.