I just saw the FUNNIEST thing!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I was just on a forum like this, but strictly for Labs, and I saw a thread on Iams dog food. I thought it would be something like what everybody on this forum says about Iams. These people were saying the EXACT opposite! They were actually talking very positively about Iams and Eukanuba! They were saying how it's a very good dog food and dogs do really good on it. It seems like EVERYBODY on that forum uses either Iams or Eukanuba (or Purina). When I mentioned the Eagle Pack and Innova they were all confused and had never heard of it before. I just thought that was weird...and funny in a way. It sort of made me laugh because I thought exactly like those people when I first came to this forum. I thought that I was doing good feeding my dog Iams and that it was good stuff.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
i know what you mean.

not all that long ago i was just like that, thinking that science diet was the best thing i could possibly feed.

the sad thing with iams and eukanuba is that until 1999 it was decent quality, but then the iams company was bought up by procter & gamble and ingredient composition and quality changed. many people don't know about this, or simply don't care.

i've visited a gun dog forum once and those "tough guys" there were praising crap like ol' roy and black gold. *shudders*

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm hoping with the reply that I posted that it will help change ATLEAST one person's mind on what food to feed. I would be happy if I could atleast help one of those poor dogs get on a better diet. Ofcourse noone had heard of a raw diet either though. I mean I didn't hear about any of this food until I came here, and I didn't think to research it either so that is why I can't bash these people TOO bad. It's just wierd because I started off thinking that way about Iams and then by going here I realized just how bad it was, then to go back to people actually using it and thinking it was SO good for their dog was REALLY confusing and sort of comical.

They do a good job of advertising, don't they? Just think, by using all those cheap in'greed'ients they can afford to put more cash into big advertising campaigns :rolleyes:

juliefurry said:
Ofcourse noone had heard of a raw diet either though. I mean I didn't hear about any of this food until I came here, and I didn't think to research it either so that is why I can't bash these people TOO bad.
well, i just joined this board looking for more dog food info and imagine my surprise to see this post. juliefurry, i remember you from the lab board... i remember your avatar pic and i remember you posting in the natural diets section, which is actually an entire section devoted to raw diets. for the record, many people on the particular board that you are talking about (unless you joined more than one lab board, in which case i am mistaken... but i do remember your picture in particular) feed Innova and Eagle pack and many others feed Iams and other poorer quality foods. just wanted to set the record straight.

edited to add: wow, re-reading my post i realised that it might seem like i (a complete newcomer) am trying to start an argument with an established member but that is not the case. i clicked on the thread because i like funny things and i was surprised to recognise the poster from the lab board that i frequent. juliefurry, i hope that we are talking about different lab boards cause if we are talking about the same one i think you got the wrong impression.

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Mordy said:
the sad thing with iams and eukanuba is that until 1999 it was decent quality, but then the iams company was bought up by procter & gamble and ingredient composition and quality changed. many people don't know about this, or simply don't care.
P and G is known for animal testing though, so are we really surprised? I wondered about that though. I had switched my other dog from Ol' Roy to Iams back in '95 or '96 and she did fantastic on it. Then in December of '02 we found out she had cancer. I just wonder how much of it "just happened" and how much of it could have been brought on by the new formula.

Just for the record, I generally hate when any company changes the formula of their product. My favorite hard cider company did that, and I haven't drank it since. :(

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
twentypaws said:
well, i just joined this board looking for more dog food info and imagine my surprise to see this post. juliefurry, i remember you from the lab board... i remember your avatar pic and i remember you posting in the natural diets section, which is actually an entire section devoted to raw diets. for the record, many people on the particular board that you are talking about (unless you joined more than one lab board, in which case i am mistaken... but i do remember your picture in particular) feed Innova and Eagle pack and many others feed Iams and other poorer quality foods. just wanted to set the record straight.

edited to add: wow, re-reading my post i realised that it might seem like i (a complete newcomer) am trying to start an argument with an established member but that is not the case. i clicked on the thread because i like funny things and i was surprised to recognise the poster from the lab board that i frequent. juliefurry, i hope that we are talking about different lab boards cause if we are talking about the same one i think you got the wrong impression.
Oh yeah obviously it must have been another lab board becasue I posted this thread LONG ago. I stopped going to the lab board you are most likely speaking of because of a member ignorance. The lab forum that I am speaking of in this thread I did not even join my friend used to frequent it from time to time and we were using HER name. Sorry m-rose_s I don't have the particular site information right now. I'll ask my friend next time I see or talk to her on the phone (which will probably be never agian) or I will try and do a search on it.

juliefurry said:
Oh yeah obviously it must have been another lab board becasue I posted this thread LONG ago.
okay, i said that i might be mistaken. i recognised you picture and i was afraid that you had gotten the wrong impression.

Y

yuckaduck

twentypaws said:
okay, i said that i might be mistaken. i recognised you picture and i was afraid that you had gotten the wrong impression.
Lets leave arguments from other forums on other forums. Juliefurry is a well established member here who is trusted and respected.

dani12

It seems that not a lot of people no of Eagle Pack. I wouldn't have if I didn't join this forum. Our vet didn't even recognize the name...

Members online