Cat poop

And I have no idea why they like it so much, being unwilling to make any "tests" myself :eek: . . . one guess would be that those goodies retain some of the "essence" of the cat food, and we know there's not a dog alive that won't steal cat food!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
OMG my hosue dogs absolutly love it!!! Its so gross especially with Shaker he will run right down into the basement when one of the cats will come up knowing what they were doing. He goes right down and usually I can chase him away from it.

Maybe their trying to help us clean?

Saje

Island dweller
LOL Maybe.

It's so gross when they come and stick their face in yours and their breath smells like cat poop. That is not a time for kisses!

Barb04

Super Moderator
CJ belongs to the same group. They all need to go to Cat Poop Anonymous! I think the worst thing is that CJ sometimes goes downstairs and looks in the cover litter box while the cat is still pooping. Luckily, they love are so much and know she is crazy!

bogolove

Oh it is so gross when they do that! Brady usually doesn't have access to the kitty's room, but if he gets even a split second of a chance, he is running out of there with a mouth full of poop. My husband gets so disgusted and won't go near him for hours after such an occurrence.

It really is disgusting.

joce

We refer to them as the nasty tootsie rolls.I do everything I can to keep the litter box away form them but all it takes is one second and they are just chomping away.

I'm glad to know my dog isn't the only one doing it. My 1st experience was with a small mix I used to have. I thought she'd gone insane!! (I thought I was going to too if she didn't stop). I miss her terribly...all but that (she got ran over :( .) Once she was gone I used to laugh when the cats would use the litter box - I had to clean it out twice as often. Later I got my boxers and they do it too - especially Princess. WHY???!!! ugh, gross!! I'll never understand...

Oh my gosh...that is so true Joce. Both of my dogs hit the cat litter box if they get even half a chance. LOL The most gross thing that I ever had happen with one of my dogs was my lab/brittney spaniel mix, "Ike" got into the garbage and found a poopy diaper and licked it all out. I came home from the store and there was this almost perfectly clean diaper laying in the garage. I was thoroughly disgusted. He didn't get any kisses for a while after that one. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Saje

Island dweller
Mikey came to give me some licks (arms thankfully) and it smelled like kitty poo. :eek: I had to go and very thoroughly wash :( yucky

Mordy

Quigleyfied
dogs are scavengers by nature.

for wild canids and feral dogs, feces of any kind make up quite a part of their diet. it's "free food" that does not cost calories they have to expend for hunting prey animals.

not a very nice mental image, is it? lol

Fran27

Mine does it too... It's a covered litter though, and I managed to hide the entrance so that he can't fit in anymore :D

The trainer at the puppy classes said it's because there is still the smell of the food they eat and that's what the dog is after...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My daughter had to design a package for art class..to be humourous i suggested Kitty cookies..the ultimate doggy treat. Sick i know but we thought it was funny. EVer see a dog with a snout full of the clumping litter? Sure attaches itself to moisture..now i am grossed out gack gack!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Yes Smkie, my CJ's brown nose is covered if I don't clean the litter box in time. Then she gets upset when I try to wipe it off. Crazy dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear was the only dog I've ever had who didn't raid the box for bon bons. But he was a bit of a connoiseur - savored his food bite by bite, turned his nose up at beer - unless it was Mexican beer, loved cheese tortellini with marinara . . .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I can't tell you how much i don't miss having a litter box in the house....oh my that makes for the worst breath in the world......gackkkkkkkk no way for them to hide that one! The thought of that is worse than the cat with the camel cricket in her teeth.

Saje

Island dweller
Clumping litter is dangerous! I never use it. It's cement like in their system and can be dangerous if they eat enough of it. I think it's horrible stuff and won't use it. I did once when my bunny had a discarge out her... girly part. And because her tail was always wet the litter stuck to it and made a cast. The vet pulled it off and she bled. :( I'm very anti-clumping. The newspaper stuff is nice. Cheap too if you get the brand I used to get. Which I can't remember what it is.

I was going to post a link. There are plenty to that affect but I don't want to just post someone else on a soap box. LOL I'll look for a good one

Members online

No members online now.