Official 2015 Fitness Challenge

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Hmmm, actually, would an at home elliptical be worth purchasing? Those are what normally kick my butt at the gym and I think I'd be much more inclined to use one at home than go to the gym.

If so, good brand? For hopefully less than $200?

Picklepaige

So, I just weighed myself for the first time in 3 months...I still weigh 174, which is the exact amount I weighed at the beginning of summer.

I don't understand.

This job (which I just quit THANK THE LORD JESUS) has made me depressed and care absolutely nothing about health and fitness. All summer long, my daily food intake looked something like this:

protein shake for breakfast
salad for lunch
entire huge bag of chips for snack
entire bowl of grapes for second snack
huge slices of pizza for dinner
huge bowl of ice cream for dessert

Can you tell I'm a stress eater?

But I didn't gain a single pound from doing this. My calorie intake before this job was probably 1500-2000 a day, with exercise, and my intake all summer was more like 3500, with zero exercise. But I gained zero weight.

I don't understand how this is happening. Is there some sort of medical issue that can cause this?

does it matter? first off, yes, it can be completely normal to not gain or lose much weight from diet alone or changes in it. you can retain more water, you can lose muscle, gain fat which changes body composition then there's the whole body thermostat theory. but more importantly, i'm back on my soap box about numbers, who cares what the scale says, one thing I can assure of is eating that diet in no way promotes health, so if your scale said 125 or 200 it wouldn't matter, that diet consistently is not helping you.

Fran27

I don't know, honestly. I know I was eating total garbage for 10 years and my weight never moved over 200 pounds.

k9krazee

Lost a total of 40lbs this year.
Great job, Julee!!!!!!

In 2015, I gained an additional 30ish lbs, making me 75 lbs over my ideal weight. Beginning the week after Thanksgiving, I started working out, attempting to drink less beer, consume more water and not eat out every meal. Even with the holidays, I've lost a few pounds and am down 2% body fat and feeling better already. I'm finally in the right mindset again to lose weight and will do better in 2016. :)

Last edited:

Fran27

Lost a total of 40lbs this year.
Awesome!

I've gained 3-4 pounds in a year, most of it in the last 5 weeks. I've been having horrible PMS with an insane appetite for over a year now, but I usually make up for it the 2 weeks after my period because I'm not very hungry then, but this time Thanksgiving, a wedding, and Christmas, all fell during those weeks when I'm usually not very hungry, so I basically gained extra weight instead of losing it as I usually do.

But moving forward... no more special event for a LONG time so hopefully I can lose that weight. But PMS sucks and I need to find a doctor that takes me seriously (no sorry, it's not normal to be starving for almost 2 weeks and have to eat 3000 calories to be satisfied). So it's been a very frustrating and stressful year when it comes to my weight!

My workouts have gone much better now though... I burn 50% more calories on the bike in the same time, can go longer, and I'm up to 13.5% incline on the treadmill (for one hour, 3.3 mph). And I started rowing and I'm improving there too. Still hate weights sadly and the kids managed to somehow break one of my dumbbells, which isn't helping, but I've been doing it at the gym.

So... stall in weight (my measurements haven't changed though!), but I'm fitter and stronger, with more endurance, so for that it was still a good year... For next year I'd love to finally reach my goal weight but unless PMS changes, I don't see that happening, but otherwise I'd like to be able to consistently go at 15% incline on the treadmill, so that's going to take a while to get there...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm a certified BodyPump instructor and my first class is this coming Monday. I'm hired on at my gym and probably going to start teaching weekends there once the new schedule is done!

Members online