New dogmobile!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Some of you know from fb that my car was totalled in a hit and run accident about 2 weeks ago. Well, today I brought home my new vehicle and I looove it, so I thought I'd share here. :)

I'm still working on a name for the car, but it's a 2011 Toyota RAV4. :)

HAI!

Crates in the back (36" and 30")

Crate on the back seat (36" SUV-style)

Doberluv

Congratulations! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Rav 4. Perfect size...not too big, so it handles well and roomy enough for my crate and other stuff too. It has lots of neat compartments...all that space under the cargo area where a spare tire usually goes in other cars. I know you're going to get lots of enjoyment out of it. Toyotas also have extremely reliable engines. And for their class, get good gas mileage. I even have the 6 cyl. engine and it uses an insignificant amount of increased gas because of it. Very good car. Enjoy!

BostonBanker

That looks like my car! Mine's an '08, but the same color and everything. It has been brilliant for me so far.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Niiice!

I REALLY liked the 2009 RAV4 that I test drove when I was car shopping in February. Had I not found my CR-V at a steal of a price, I would have gone with the RAV4.

FG167

Bummer!!! Wish I would've been more serious when I was looking at them before I got my Subaru, the crates fit so great!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I was AMAZED at how things fit - that sliding second row is *brilliant* - makes all the difference. :) I also got mine for a good 2 grand less and with more perks than some of the local big dealers by going through a small place about an hour from me.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I drove it almost 200 miles yesterday - back from the dealer and then to a (rained out) dogs in the pool event - and I <3 it even more! The crate set up worked perfectly, too!

Doberluv

I was AMAZED at how things fit - that sliding second row is *brilliant* - makes all the difference. :) I also got mine for a good 2 grand less and with more perks than some of the local big dealers by going through a small place about an hour from me.
Oh yes! That sliding rear seat is so convenient and versatile. What a clever design. I love how it's split too, so you can move one part of the back seat differently than the other half....lots of leg room too for passangers. My crate, I put in diagonally and I just move that part of the seat forward a few inches. The other part can be left back. I only use a medium sized crate for my two Chihuahuas, so there are still seats for passangers and a little more cargo space to boot. Don't you love to stand in the back of the car and pull those levers and the seat just drops down. It's so fun. LOL. And I like how there's no bump in the floor between the front and back seats....all flat. Love that.

I'm glad you got to see how well it works. It looks like you have more crates and it's nice that they fit so perfectly. Yeah!:)

Members online

No members online now.