Puppy behavior problems

femke

BigDog2191 said:
Well, I would've probably done the same thing. You have control over your life and YOU can decide whether or not to get a dog or not.
that all depends on if they are living together or not... if not then I agree it's your life your home your choice. But if they are living together... well you cant' just decide something on your own because it's your life.... because you happen to share that life with someone that doesn't enjoy having a dog around. Living together and being in a relationship you're both gonna have to compromise and talk things over...

but anyways I would have a talk with the BF. Explain him that it's not the pup's fault and that the poor thing shouldn't have to suffer for it, also that his behaviour can do permanent damage to the dog... if he's not willing to change his ways I agree... dump him or find the puppy a different home where it will be loved by everyone.

amymarley

I may have been a bit harsh on my post, but didn't mean to be. I guess I was just thinking the way I would think. First off, the puppy is a puppy and should not be yelled at like that. You may love your boyfriend, but my post above was to ask yourself, "is this the guy for me"? I didn't marry until I was 30 years old, been through boyfriends, but my dog(s) were always with me. Although I have had great relationships, and none of my ex-boyfriends have anything bad to say about me, nor I to them, it just didn't work out. However, my dogs, cat, and parrots have been there, my dog(s) were always there....that's why I love working with animals.... non judgemental, always loyal and etc... That's all I was trying to say. My question to you is....why is your boyfriend yelling at your puppy? If he can get so annoyed over a puppy, what will annoy him in the future? I am not saying he is a bad person. Maybe, you can bring him into "your animal world." Not all people grew up with dogs and just don't understand.
Amy

Members online

No members online now.