Standard Poodle Puppy Questions

girl-E

Hello,

I have a standard poodle puppy who is a 15week old female. She is currently in a puppy cut, but she likes to play outside a lot and I am having a difficult time keeping her clean. I brush her every day, and give her a bath usually once a week or every two weeks. Now that it is getting warmer I wanted to put her in a "Bikini/Miami/Summer" type of cut, so that I do not spend so much time brushing her. I also really like that clip, but I wanted to know if I should wait until she is older or is it fine to get that clip now?

Also, I wanted to ask people who have had standard poodles if they can describe their experience with their dogs as far as their dogs temperament, activity level, and things like that.

My puppy is very calm, and sleeps a lot. She is healthy, but she is just a calm puppy (which I am glad). I have had miniature poodles before, but this is the first time I have a standard.

My main question is about the hair clip because I asked her groomer and he said it was OK weather wise to get her that clip.

Any suggestions?

lizzybeth727

Well, if the groomer said it was ok I don't see why not.

Isn't the "puppy cut" just that because it's a relatively easy cut to do on wiggly puppies? I don't think there's any health reason why one cut would be good for a puppy and one cut would be detrimental. But I could be wrong.

This would probably be better suited for the grooming forum.

Members online

No members online now.