wow does it always feel so good

when your dogs do something correct? I have been practicing "leave it" and take it with our dogs (along with sit/stay), this is part of our training homework for this week. Even my older kids have been in with us on this training (the kids come to ever training class with us). Anyways to the point. Ive always had a problem with our dogs jumping on their bowls when its feeding time. Not tonight. tonight I put them in sit/stay and it only took 1 times (of taking it back if they go for their bowl) and they did it. normally it takes alot more than that. Lame? Maybe, but this is a big step.

ive noticed a few other MILESTONES . one being when I say "back" to Dusty she starts backing up. another thing , I tried a experiment today. Ive been having a problem with her barking out the window and in the yard. I dont mind a warning bark but well more than that is not nessesary. so I figure I normally will say " DUSTY" in a loud firm voice. maybe this is some how neg. to her. so instead of doing this, I dont touch her , I dont talk loud, I just looked at her (watch me) and kind of waved my hand in a "quiet" and she calmed down. Im trying, baby steps here , baby steps.

Members online

No members online now.